When you enter a home, you want it to be spotless, be it old or new. While many can mostly manage cleaning the rest of the house, it is the stubborn stains and dried up the soil on upholstery and carpet that requires the help of professionals.
As the demand for such cleaning businesses increased, many of such companies were introduced in the market. However, like every other industry, not many sustained. Reason? They failed to gear up well enough for the market.
You need a particular set of tools and products if you wish to call yourselves ‘professionals’. After all, almost everyone can DIY their solutions at home if they wish to.
Now, since many types of equipment can be a little on the expensive side, you don’t want to purchase those tools that wouldn’t really be of any value to you.
Thus, to help you make a smarter decision in regards to how much budget you should set apart for your cleaning equipment, we have developed a comprehensive list of tools. These are the tools that you should certainly invest in.
Types of carpet cleaning methods
Before we jump on to the tools like a carpet cleaning extractor or maybe the particular shampoo that you need to use, let’s discuss the two methods that most companies use to get rid of the dirt, soil, and allergens from the carpet. These are hot water extraction and dry-extraction method.
Hot water extraction: Also referred to as steam extraction often, hot water extraction is the most recommended method of getting the carpets cleaned professionally. Many of the carpet manufacturers, in fact, are in the favour of cleaning the carpets using this particular method.
This is a deep cleaning method. In the hot-water extraction process, you inject your chemical solution deep into the carpet pile. This solution collects all the dirt stuck inside the carpet. You pull the dirty solution back into the machine once done.
Dry extraction method: Another method to clean carpets professionally is a dry extraction method. There are a few cleaning service providers that use this method. The reason for only a few companies using this method is that the machines, steamers, and the extractor solutions for this method are usually a lot more expensive than others.
In this process of carpet cleaning, you use a machine to spread a dry absorbent compound over the carpet surface area. Once done, you vacuum the carpet properly with the cleaning machine. This is perhaps a lot better than home steamers but also equally expensive.
Tools for carpet cleaning business
It is true that most households consider cleaning their carpets on their own. However, they all come across a certain stain or built-up soil that is too stubborn to get cleared off with the homemade solutions. This is why it is the cleaning companies like yourselves that need to well-equipped for houses that come across such a situation.
A few of the tools that you should have without any second thoughts are:
- Carpet extractor machine: When your stains are stubborn and difficult to remove, you need a good quality extractor. This machine will help you remove dirt and allergens that are deep inside the carpet pile.
- Carpet dryers:This will help you in drying the carpets as quickly as possible. It is important for the carpets to be dry as wet carpets can result in molds or can also emanate odor.
- Vacuum cleaners: You might come across an area that will be difficult for you to reach with your big tools. This is where a vacuum cleaner comes in handy. The versatility of this equipment allows you to clean any corner of the carpet, no matter how hidden that is.
- Rubber gloves: The cleaning process can often be a little tacky. Especially when the carpet hasn’t been cleaned for the longest of time. This is why you need rubber gloves. It’ll help you clean the dirtiest of the mess, without feeling disgusted about it.
- Carpet shampoo: Your machine won’t really be of help if you don’t have a proper solution to go with it. Simply water cannot be of much help. There are special carpet shampoos that are readily available for the cleaning business.
- Steamer: Steamer will help you carry out the hot water extraction easily. With a steamer, you can extract dirt from the deep ends of the carpet and leave it looking fresh.
These are a few tools that you should surely purchase if you wish to be a professional carpet cleaning company. Just make sure you check for the brand, manufacturing date, and compare the prices before you make the final decision to purchase it.
These tools have been designed to make carpet cleaning easier and more effective. If you wish to be a successful carpet cleaning provider, ensure the quality of the tools and products before you spend your money on them. After all, only quality can further bring out quality.