Throughout the world, approximately 4 billion people wear glasses.
Are you one of them? Are you currently typing, “I need a new pair of glasses” into your favorite search engine to see what recommendations come up?
If you need a new pair of glasses and aren’t sure where to start, keep reading. Listed below are some tips that can help.
Signs You Need New Glasses
You don’t always need a reason for new glasses. Sometimes, you just want to switch up your look.
At the same time, though, there are also situations in which you need to get a new pair ASAP. Here are some examples:
- Your vision has changed and appears blurry
- You’re getting headaches frequently
- Your lenses are damaged (scratched, cracked, etc.)
If you’re past due for an annual eye exam, you may also find that you need new glasses. Schedule an appointment right away so you can get your eyes checked and your prescription updated if necessary.
How Much Does a New Pair of Glasses Cost?
“How much for a new pair of glasses?” is one of the questions retailers and eye doctors hear quite often.
In the United States, a new pair of glasses can cost anywhere from $50 to more than $1,000. On average, though, most people spend around $196 per pair.
How to Save Money on Glasses
Did the answer to the question, “how much is a new pair of glasses?” leave a lot to be desired?
If you’re worried about the price of glasses, don’t worry. There are plenty of ways to find glasses discounts so you can update your look without breaking the bank. Here are some tips to consider:
- Shop online
- Look for trial offers
- Ask about price matching
- Keep your frames and update your lenses (or vice versa)
- Skip add-ons (light-reflecting lenses, high-index lenses, etc.) if you don’t need them
- Check out big box stores (like Costco or Sam’s Club)
Always check with your insurance provider before getting new glasses, too. You might find that they will cover a significant portion of the price, but they might have specific boxes you need to check (such as seeing a certain eye doctor).
Tips for Choosing the Right Pair
Now that we’ve taken care of the price issue, let’s touch on finding the right pair. How do you choose a pair of glasses that help you see clearly and work with your personal style?
Start with these tips:
- Consider your face shape (round frames typically complement square, angular faces, and square frames typically complement round faces)
- Choose colors that compliment your skin tone (black, grey, and blue work well with cool skin tones, whereas brown and tan complement warm skin tones)
Don’t forget to consider your lifestyle, either. Do you need an extra-durable pair of glasses that your kids can’t destroy? Do you need transition lenses?
Get New Glasses Today
If you need a new pair of glasses, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Keep these tips in mind, though, and you’ll have a much easier time finding a pair that works for you.
Do you want more tips related to glasses or other accessories? If so, visit the Lifestyle section of our site today for more advice.