Jobs to be done framework is the next step in understanding customer needs that will help businesses innovate and grow. This is a new way of thinking about innovation within your business, as it doesn’t just focus on what your products do, but instead focuses on why customers are buying them. Understanding the underlying job or need that people have helps you understand how to improve their experience with your product. In this article we’re going to explore how JTBD can be used to create successful innovations for any company looking to grow and scale through customer insight.
What is the Jobs-To-Be-Done Framework and how does it work
The Jobs-To-Be-Done Framework is a customer-centered approach to innovation. When you think about this framework, it can help you understand the jobs your customers want to get done and why they are motivated to do them. It helps organizations create products that address those needs and make doing the job easier or more enjoyable for your customers.
The Jobs-To-Be Done Framework has three steps:
1) Identify the desired outcome of a particular task
2) Uncover what motivates an individual to accomplish that task
3) Determine whether there are any barriers preventing people from accomplishing their goals (possibly in earlier stages).
*This is why understanding how your customers feel when they use your product/service will give you insight on ways to improve it.
Using JTBD in your business
There are many benefits to JTBD. The first is that it helps you understand why people are buying your product or service. This means you know what to focus on in order to create successful innovations for any company looking to grow and scale through customer insight. It also gives a better understanding of how customers feel when they use the products, which will help with improving them over time.
Some Benefits of JTBD include:
- Get the job done cheaper
- Higher Quality
- Mitigate risks
- Offer New products
- Align Sales and Marketing
- Automate Customer Development
Why you should consider using this framework in your company
- If you’re a CEO, it’s your responsibility to make sure your company is doing everything in its power to succeed and grow. It can be difficult to do this when resources are scarce and there are many demands on your time.
- This framework is important for CEOs who are responsible for making sure their company succeeds in a way that it can grow and scale through customer insight.
- The Framework will give your company that competitive advantage you’ve been looking for.
Jobs-to-be-Done proposes that in order to understand customer needs in a way that makes innovation predictable, companies should stop focusing on the product or the customer and instead focus on the underlying process or “job” the customer is trying to get done. This new approach can help you create successful innovations for any company looking to grow and scale through customer insight. It also gives a better understanding of how customers feel when they use your products, which will help with improving them over time. Why not let our team of experts partner with you today? We’re ready and waiting!