The main constituents of cannabis are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). Depending on the percentage of these substances, the cannabis variety is determined. The content of CBD can reach 40%, and THC – 30%.
Features of medical cannabis
For medical purposes, hemp varieties are used, which contain a large amount of the non-psychotropic substance CBD. This substance is well studied and actively used for medical purposes. It is worth noting that, unlike THC, cannabidiol does not cause a change in consciousness and a feeling of euphoria. The main feature of this substance is that it is not addictive and has no side effects, as happens in the case of taking medications. Fast weeddelivery is used in medicine for the treatment of stress disorders, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorders, pain of various etiologies. Cannabidiol shows good results in cancer therapy. In addition, drugs with neurogenic effects are produced on the basis of CBD.
Today, many varieties of cannabis are used directly for medical purposes. There are even special varieties of industrial hemp with a high content of CBD without THC, which is banned in many countries.
Studies have shown that patients who use pre rolled joints vancouver with CBD have a 42% chance of not taking drugs, such as Vicodin. It is also known that 80% of people have evaluated drugs with CBD and appreciated its effect.
The medical characteristics of cannabis include:
– normalizes sleep;
– helps with chronic pain and migraine;
– prevents depression and helps fight stress;
– used to relieve the symptoms of epilepsy and alcoholism;
– slows down the development of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
What is the difference?
In terms of structure and appearance, hemp and medical cannabis are almost identical. Their main differences are:
- THC content. In cannabis, the THC content reaches 30%, but breeders pay special attention to samples with THC from 12-16%. Commercial grades have negligible THC levels, unlike CBD. Cannabidiol neutralizes the effects of THC, so smoking industrial cannabis to affect the mind is useless and ineffective.
- Genetics. Hemp and cannabis differ at the genetic level and the way they are cultivated. It is generally accepted that the ancestor of cannabis is medical hemp, from which two main subtypes were bred – Cannabis indica and Cannabis sativa.
- Cultivation. Initially, hemp plants mainly consist of males, which are actively used for industrial purposes. Cultivation of exclusively female cannabis bushes began at a time when breeders began to think about the commercial potential of this plant. In the natural environment, working with cannabis does not require special skills, but females require special growing conditions and knowledge in cultivation.
- Legalization. In most countries, the circulation of cannabis is prohibited, the cultivation of only technical varieties of hemp is allowed. But it is quite difficult for the average consumer to distinguish between these two varieties. Therefore, the majority of the world’s population, including our country, have demonized cannabis as such. But in the near future, let’s hope that this process will move forward and legalization will appear in our country.
- Research. It is quite difficult to conduct various experiments and studies with cannabis in terms of its effect on the human body, because it is banned in most countries. The situation is better with industrial varieties of hemp, which is actively used in various fields – from the production of paper and ropes to the manufacture of ecological insulation.