If you have set your eyes on an MBA course, then you already know that the CMAT exam can be an important stepping stone for you. Along with CAT, MAT, and XAT, CMAT is a national-level B-school entrance exam that offers admission into around 1400 institutes across the country.
With a good score in CMAT, you can get into some of the top institutes, and pursue the course of your dreams. But cracking the CMAT exam is not easy, and it will take thorough preparation to successfully achieve a good score.
Along with a clear strategy, you need dedicated and determined effort if you want to achieve a good score within the time you get.
In this article, we have compiled the best tips to crack the CMAT exam with a good score. The final section contains the top courses you can pursue with CMAT.
Pro tips for cracking the CMAT exam
- Create a clear timeline: Find out about the CMAT exam dates and calculate the time you have to prepare. CMAT exam 2021 is over, and the next exam will be held in November-December 2022. You will have enough time to cover everything if you can start now.
- Formulate a strategy: The syllabus is vast and contains 5 sections in total. You need to prepare all of them if you want to maximize your score in the CMAT exam. Even though a long time is still left, you can find out how much time you can assign to each section to comfortably cover it.
- Assign daily tasks: After you make a section-wise division of the total time you have in hand, you need to divide the tasks on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis. Roughly, you need to spend 4 -5 hours daily towards CMAT exam preparation if you want to ace it with a good score.
- Weekly revisions: It is human nature to lose touch with topics covered, once other topics have to also be assimilated. For the CMAT exam preparation, make sure you revisit the weekly topics at the end of every week. Other than that, whenever you feel you can’t remember something, immediately revise.
- Special prep before the exam: The month before the CMAT exam is the most crucial in terms of the performance you achieve in it. You need to specially prepare in this phase in order to make your preparation robust. Practice daily mock tests and solve chapter-wise questions to be in the zone.
Best courses you can do after CMAT
1. MBA in Finance
In the world of management education, Finance is easily one of the most sought-after specializations today. Finance is an important competent of all business houses and an MBA in Finance prepares you for key roles within the industry. Almost all top colleges today offer this course, and opportunities are literally limitless after you complete an MBA in Finance.
2. MBA in Data Analytics
Unlike MBA in Finance, MBA in Data Analytics is a relatively new management course that owes its rise to the data revolution. Businesses are increasingly veering towards a complete data-based decision-making process. The key component here is processing and geotagging raw data and turning it into productive visualizations. Jobs in Data Analysts roles are increasing every day, and the future looks really bright.
3. MBA in Logistics
Logistics is an offshoot of the operations discipline, and it is a highly complex process. The field has witnessed massive changes, especially with the revolution in retail processes and the coming of e-commerce. Traditional business units also require logistics professionals in large numbers because of the broad-based nature of operations that include multiple sites.
To sum it up, do not forget that the preparation phase for the CMAT exam is as important actually studying at a college. If you’re an aspirant, make sure to appear for all of the B-school entrances – XAT, CAT, MAT, CMAT, MAT, etc. The syllabi for all of them are largely similar, and preparing for one can make you better prepared for the next one.
And in general, it is important to be optimistic about the CMAT exam. Unless you believe in yourself, success will continue to elude you. Take the first step now, and take it with certainty!