Although the market might be flooded with all manner of mattresses, all these are based on the 3 most common types of mattresses, innerspring, memory foam, and hybrids. Adjustable air mattresses have also gained popularity over the recent past. It would thus be advisable to familiarize yourself with the various mattress types on the market, especially if shopping for a new one. Here’s a brief outline of the most common mattress types.
- Innerspring Mattresses: This type of mattress provides good support at an affordable price. Innerspring mattresses are available in several firmness levels, are romance friendly, and presumably among the most popular. These mattresses aren’t, however, as durable as the other available options.
- Memory Foam Mattresses: Memory foam mattresses offer excellent back support. They are commonly preferred for individuals with , sore joints, and muscle aches. The mattress is, however, not romance-friendly and can get very warm.
- Latex Foam Mattresses: This is considered a more advanced form of a foam mattress. Latex is however more elastic than foam hence hugs the body much better. The bounce effect makes it more romance-friendly and excellent for most sleepers. Latex foam mattresses do not, however, get too warm hence comfortable to sleep on. Latex, as you might have guessed, comes in synthetic, natural, and blended varieties.
- Hybrid Mattresses: This type of mattress has a foam overlay with springs in between. It provides the best of the worlds of innerspring and foam mattresses. These mattresses can come in either latex foam or memory foam, depending on the manufacturer.
- Air Mattresses: use the dynamics of compressed air to provide the comfort and buoyancy one would need while sleeping. Air mattresses are more customizable, hence can be tweaked to suit the users’ preferences. They, however, are more expensive than all the other types mentioned above.
Make sure that you read many online reviews before you make your investment, take a look at thesereviews.