What is Social Science?
We all are familiar with the study of nature, cosmos, and everything God made which is termed science studies. However, there exists another learning area that is equally important to gain an understanding of i.e., Social Science. Social science explained in an amateur way for easy comprehension is the study of people; their cultures, societies, norms, what forms their behaviours and how and why there is codependence in the society. (Economic and Social Research Council, 2021) In a wider sense, social science also includes the study of economics, politics and government and even philosophy like what makes people contented in a society and what drives the demand or wishes. Therefore, succinctly, if science is related to the internal human body; then social science revolves around the external factors and catalysts of human bodies.
Origin of Social Science
Well, humans have been inquisitive of learning and finding new things, even about themselves as well; the study of social sciences dates back to the 19th century however, that was the time when social science was acknowledged as a different subject and was brought into the light. (New world encyclopedia, 2020) Else, the study about what makes humans, humans; has been existing ever since the birth of the first man on planet earth. Talking about the ones who made social sciences an acceptable study area are the people who put their valuable research findings out for the world, Karl Marx, Max Weber, and David Emile Durkheim are known to be the fathers of social sciences for giving the subject formulated theories, practical, and pieces of evidence that apply to the societies till date. Historical Materialism – societies grow economically, Interconnectivity and codependence on each other, and modernization of societies with class systems were the fundamental findings of each i.e., Marx, Durkheim, and Weber respectively.
Branches of Social Science
As discussed above, social science is a very broad area to study since it covers all the aspects of human society and culture. Summarizing the subject into a few branches was never an easy task, therefore, to eradicate the complexity and to better understand the details of each area, the subject is divided into many categories such as; (My Assignment Help, 2018)
- History: it is related to the past actions, behaviours, and decisions of human life that forms ideas, myths, and memories to be used in future. It is further divided into a few subcategories;
- Political History: Past political changes
- Military History: formation and deformation of military campaigns throughout the time.
- Economic History: production and circulation of resources
- Social History: interlinkage of people with each other
- Economics: This area of social science deals with the creation and distribution of wealth in the society and the members of the society spend or tends to spend it. The bifurcation of this branch of social science is as follows;
- Macro-economics: Major factors like inflation, fiscal policies, international trade, unemployment and the like are considered.
- Microeconomics: Influencers like demand and supply, costing and prices, capitalism and monopoly.
- Political Science: This field of social science simply deals with the governance-related issues and theories of society and is mainly divided nationwide.
- Sociology: As the name suggests, sociology is purely the study of humans and their cultures like; marriage, religion, recreational activities, norms, taboos, and permitted activities that differ from society to society.
- Philosophy: Philosophy covers the basic questions of God, the purpose of life, human reality, what is good and what is bad, and what is truthful and what is falsehood.
- Archaeology: This field of social science deals with the history of humans belonging to the Old Stone Age, New Stone Age, copper-bronze age, agricultural age.
- Linguistics: The study of the language used by humans to communicate with each other. Linguistics is also divided into three categories which are as follows;
- Phonetics: the study of speech
- Phonology: the study of sounds
- Semantics: the study of the meaning of words
Who studies Social Science?
There is no limitation or restriction to who should or who should not study the subject of social science. Since it’s an academic discipline, anyone interested in learning about the history of mankind and how evolution works can study the field. However, different professions can master in the field most important government and economists to form bills, laws, and regulations to be followed. Other than that, after having appropriate knowledge of the subject of social science one can have the opportunity of becoming a police officer Rehabilitation worker, psychologist, social worker, local Government officer, charity worker (Birmingham City University, 2012)
Where to study Social Sciences
There are numerous institutes and schools available to obtain a verified degree of social sciences after which the collector of the degree can avail of any of the above-mentioned occupations. Not only this, there are several online websites available to have assignment writers UK based offering the service of writing the project reports and assignments for the students to ease their lives and lessen their burden. Also, with this service students can have a better understanding of the complex topic of social sciences as the reports that are provided and very detailed and professionally composed that not only the experts but even an unqualified man can comprehend the meaning easily.
To terse, social science is a vast subject with a detailed explanation of how the human world works, how the lives of people are interlinked and connected, how societies are formed and how the activities are deemed acceptable and non-acceptable in the society. Moreover, social sciences also decide what punishments should be given for what types of crimes. So social science assignment help must be critical.
Social science is a field that defines clearly the value of life through its different branches that have been discussed above. Therefore, there are plenty of fields available to choose from and if any of the students need assignment help there are assignment writers UK professionals available 24/7 for assisting and guidance for the subject so that no student loses their marks, appreciation or his confidence due to lack of guidance.
Table of Contents
Birmingham City University, S. o. (2012). Birmingham City University . Retrieved from https://www.bcu.ac.uk/social-sciences/news/blogs/7-careers-for-social-sciences-graduates
Economic and Social Research Council, E. (2021). What is Social Science. Retrieved from UKRI: https://esrc.ukri.org/about-us/what-is-social-science/
My Assignment Help, M. (2018). My Assignment Help . Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/social_science_assignment_help.html
New world encyclopedia, N. (2020, June ). New world encuclopedia . Retrieved from https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Social_sciences