We should not judge a book by its cover. However, that is exactly what we do. This is especially true in the case of gifts. Therefore, there is a custom of decorating your gifts before giving them to the recipient. Not only does it look visually good but it also shows the recipient that you were thinking about them while packing the gifts mindfully.
Nowadays, gift boxes are becoming more and more popular. Gift boxes mostly come in plain white or brown. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing. A blank gift box can be treated as a blank canvas. You can express yourself by customizing it according to your wish. Get gift box with lid and decorate it the way you want to!
How to Decorate Your Gift Box?
Gift wrapping is important. There are many ways to decorate a gift box. However, in order to get a good result, you need to plan accordingly so that it comes out just the way you envisioned it to be. Here are some of the methods to decorate your gift boxes mindfully.
- Determine a theme. Most parties and events have a theme. Therefore, you would be covered in this case. However, if there is no themed party, perhaps you can come up with something you want, such as a nautical or a vintage theme.
- Consider the recipient. Gifts matter a lot. Since you will be gifting it to somebody, consider their likes and dislikes. Perhaps, they are a cat lover. Then you can make a cat-themed gift box.
- Consider the occasion. Is it a birthday gift? Or is it for Halloween? The occasion matters a lot for going forward with a particular theme. For instance, an engagement gift would be very different from a gift for a baby shower.
Adding Designs and Color to the Box and the Lid
- You can cut out stars and planets from wrapping papers to stick them on the gift box.
- You can also use a permanent marker to draw images or patterns on the gift box.
- Try using different stamps of different shapes and colors to personalize your box.
- Stickers can also play an important role. For instance, there are winter-themed stickers for the Christmas party. You can also buy some love-themed stickers for an anniversary gift.
- Painting your gift box is another unique way to personalize it. You can also use a combination of paints and glitter to make it look more attractive.
Add a Ribbon
- Use the ribbon to your advantage. You can create different patterns and knots to showcase your creative process. There are many ideas online.
- Layer the ribbons to provide a full effect. You can use different ribbons parallelly or cross them with each other. If the ribbons are too long, cut the extra part for consistency. Make sure that the color of the ribbon compliments one of the gift boxes. Normally, going for contrasting colors is appealing. If you are using multiple ribbons, use different colors for better effects.
- Wrap the box and the lid separately. This will allow the recipient to open the box without untying the ribbon. You can glue the ribbons separately on the box and the lid so that they are kept in place even while opening the gift box.
Cover a Plain Gift Box with Paper
- You do not have to always decorate the gift box directly. Going old school and using simple wrapping paper to decorate your gift box is also a great idea.
- Gather your supplies, such as a gift box with a lid, wrapping paper, scissors, clear and regular tape, pencil and ruler, and clear, double-sided tape.
- There are two ways to wrap the box. You can either do it together or you can wrap both the box and the lid separately.
- Cut the wrapping papers along to the sizes and wrap the box. For extra strength, you can use double-sided tape on both the insides of the wrapping paper and the outsides of the gift box.
Stenciling Your Gift Box
- Another great way to customize your box is by stenciling it.
- Get some stencils of different shapes and place them on the sides of the box. Paint the box with appropriate colors and get the stencils off the box to see the pattern.
- Let the paints dry and after that, you will have a beautifully decorated gift box!
- You can do the same with the lid.
Decoupaging a Gift Box
- Get some patterned paper and then cut it into different designs like flowers and butterflies.
- Arrange the patterns on the box and then glue them properly.
- Let the glue dry before doing the same on the other side of the box.
- In the end, you will have a fully decorated gift box.
Just buying a good gift is not enough. You have to make sure that the presentation is great as well. Therefore, it is essential to take some time to decorate the gift box for the perfect gift!