If you are reading this, then chances are you probably decided to start your very own weed garden. Good for you! With a handful of cannabis seeds and a vast backyard to plant them in, it won’t be long before you start puffing away on your hard-earned buds. Choosing an outdoor growing garden for your cannabis seeds is always a good choice. As the most common and traditional way of developing your cannabis seeds into healthy weed plants, outdoor growing is a beginner’s best option!
Because cannabis seeds are naturally accustomed to outdoor environments, then the plants are sure to respond quite nicely to your setup! Of course, your growing conditions will have a huge impact on how the buds eventually turn out. According to 420expertadviser.com, you should choose the full spectrum led grow light to get the best buds. As an outdoor garden will require much more attention to outside elements, you are gonna have to know what to look for!
Benefits of Using an Outdoor Setup For Your Cannabis Seeds
Cultivating your cannabis seeds outdoors brings a pretty attractive set of features and benefits to your gardens. Like we said, using an outdoor garden will provide cannabis seeds with the optimal environment that they are used to!
Here are the top benefits that you can have if you decide to use an outdoor cannabis garden:
- Outdoor growing allows you to make use of the natural sunlight, air, rainwater, fertilizers, and all the other elements that are inherently present in the open. In addition to being much more cost-efficient, outdoor growing is a lot more organic. This is an advantage that allows the cannabis seeds to grow in their natural environments. It is also much more environment-friendly due to the lack of using equipment and machines.
- Because you are going to situate your cannabis plants out in the open, this allows the leaves, stems, and branches to expand more. As a result, you will generally end up with bigger plants as well as higher yields.
- Without having to set the lighting schedules (because you obviously can’t control the sun) and the availability of airflow, outdoor growing is considered to be a lot less complicated. The low maintenance makes it a much more viable option for beginner growers and experienced ones who grow on a budget!
- Even if you do not have complete control over the growing conditions, carefully planning your growing schedules based on the seasons and weather will give you extremely high yields of potent, resinous buds!
- The natural and organic soils found in your backyards will already contain high doses of nutrients and minerals! While this helps boost your plants’ growth, you will also have a pretty easy time adjusting the nutrient levels in your growing medium.
Things You Will Need to Grow Cannabis Seeds Outdoors
Just like indoor growing, there are a lot of different ways and methods that you can approach your outdoor gardens. But whatever you decide to go with, and outdoor setup will generally call for a number of standard requirements!
Here are some of the things that you should consider when opting to use an outdoor cannabis garden:
- Outdoor Cannabis Strains – Almost all cannabis strains are accustomed to growing in outdoor environments. However, there are some that are designed to yield extremely high amounts of weed buds when they are placed in an outdoor setup! As such, always try your hand on outdoor cannabis seeds. These are naturally capable of resisting the growth and development of molds as well as having higher immunities to the possible fluctuations in the weather.
- Location/Growing Space – You are gonna want to place your weed gardens in an area that is usually out of the public’s sight. In order to keep your gardens a secret and away from the attention of nearby neighbors, keeping it at a corner of your backyard and enclosing it is your best option!
- Ample Lighting – Yes, outdoor growing typically makes use of the world’s natural sunlight in order to give them the much-needed amount of light for growth and bud development. However, not all areas are blessed with warm climates and sunny days! As such, it is completely okay to install some lamps and hanging bulbs for your outdoor setup! This is true especially for the vegetative stages of your plants.
- Nutrient-rich Soils – like we said, making use of the natural soils in your growing area can prove to be extremely useful. This organic growing medium pretty much saves you a lot of money from spending on nutrient solutions and different soil amendments. However, make sure to measure the exact compositions of your soils. Leaving in too many minerals may also have adverse reactions to your plants.
Helpful Tips to Get You Started:
- Outdoor gardening for your cannabis seeds brings a lot more risk of having a messy growing area! As such, make sure to always keep the place nice and tidy. Remove any fallen leaves and branches as well as any trash that may have been brought by outside sources. This reduces the risk of inviting insects and molds into your gardens!
- There are many ways to protect your plants! For one, using pots and containers instead of planting directly into the soil gives them an extra shield of protection. It does, however, defeat the purpose of direct growing so this is all up to your preference. Additionally, only use organic/home-made pesticides for treating your gardens! Any hazardous chemicals may cause more damage in the long run.
- The weather is out of your control but the cannabis seeds you choose are not! If you are living in a place with long hours of sunlight and tropical-like climates, then Sativa strains will grow well! However, any risk of moisture and dampness could lead you to use Indica strains more!
An outdoor garden for your cannabis seeds is an all-natural way of growing your plants. It really does appeal to most growers since it is the traditional way of cannabis cultivation for many years now!
As it has been tested and proven through time, outdoor growing is a great choice for anyone out there. If you are thinking of starting your own cannabis gardens, try an outdoor setup first!