There are several ways you can ship your car across the country, but the majority of them will be expensive, especially when you think about all the additional costs involved. One of the easiest and most affordable ways you can accomplish this is by hiring an auto transport company. With door-to-door shipping services available you can get your car shipped from one side of the country to the other with no hassle or stress.
Cross country car transport is a special service that can help you move your vehicle from one city to another, from one state to another, or clear across the country with coast to coast shipping. Your car can just simply be picked up and loaded right onto a trailer hauled off right to your destination.
How long does it take to ship a car across the country?
Car transport across the country will depend on several things. The average time it takes to ship a car across the US on average is between two and nine calendar days depending on the travel distance.
A reputable car shipping company will do everything possible to ensure a timely car shipment that is done with efficiency and without delay.
Is there door-to-door car shipping for cross country moves?
Yes, most cross country car shipments will be door-to-door provided the locations you choose will allow it. Alternative pickup and delivery locations would otherwise need to be arranged. The car transport company can otherwise arrange a location as close to your door as possible.
What are the cheapest ways to ship your car across the country?
Transporting your car across the country will depend on how you choose to do it, as far as the price is concerned. Driving the vehicle yourself may seem like it’s a cheaper option but there are many extra costs included that you may not be aware of. The most affordable way by far is to do a cross country car transport with a car shipping service.
Several factors can affect the way a price is calculated for your cross country car shipment. These include:
* The make and model: smaller cars tend to be less expensive to transport compared to larger vehicles.
* Travel distance: a shorter distance transit will cost less than longer distance deliveries.
* The delivery time frame: if you need your car in a hurry and go with an expedited car shipping service, the average cost will be higher
* The transport type: for most basic car owners, the open car transport is the best option for the value. If you own something more of a luxury or classic style car, an enclosed auto transport may be a better option since it provides additional protection during the trip. And enclosed transports will be as much as 50% more expensive than the open transport shipping option.
* Vehicle condition: a car that is in running condition will cost less to ship compared to an inoperable vehicle since this will require special equipment to get the vehicle loaded onto the trailer.
* Location: if you are looking to ship between major cities it can cost less to ship the car across the country. Delivery to remote towns or cities can cost more.
* Time of year: cross country car transports tend to be less expensive during the summer months since the winter months and dangerous road conditions can increase costs.
How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car Across The Country
There are several factors that can affect how long it will take to get your car shipped across the country. The most obvious being the distance. It will obviously take longer to ship a car going from Montana to Louisiana compared to Oklahoma to Mississippi. You should also consider that if your car is being picked up or delivered to a remote location, it will take much longer to reach there compared to a popular city.
Travel times can also be affected if the driver has to make several stops along the way. Harsh weather conditions can also impact the speed at which your vehicle is transported. Heavy traffic and road construction is another issue which can slow down the transport. One of the most important factors that can influence a driver’s hours are the mandates placed by the Department of Transportation regulating drivers so they can transport and be on the road no more than 70 hours each week. The reasoning behind this is to ensure that truck drivers have enough rest and are safe to operate on the road.