With the Covid-19 pandemic upon all of us, online learning has become an everyday routine for most students. Though it was not convenient, and we all complained a lot in the beginning, we have already adapted to the new reality of online activities. However, many students are still not aware of the basic rules of every online meeting, and they keep making drastic mistakes.
That’s why we decided to give students a simple but effective guide on how to behave during the online meeting and which rules to follow.
How to Present Yourself Correctly at a Meeting?
Introduce yourself completely – say your first and last name. If you have an online class, there are probably lots of other students there. So, if you want a teacher to remember that you were answering the questions, it would be better if you say your full name. Otherwise, don’t blame the teacher for not recognizing your voice. You can avoid this formality if you have a one-to-one meeting with a teacher or your groupmates. Here everything can be less formal.
Objectively evaluate your nickname and avatar. Make sure your username and profile photo are recognizable and relate to you in particular. Don’t replace a picture of you with a celebrity photo or anything else. Your username should also be your first and last name. Remember that if you choose an inappropriate nickname, the person on the other side might be confused. And trust us, you don’t want such a minor thing as your nickname to affect your academic performance.
By the way, if you feel like you need to improve your academic performance but struggle with writing quality essays, then there is an option. You could consider using the paper writing service MasterPapers to help complete your essays and improve your academic performance.
Don’t overuse the words “thank you,” “please,” and other polite phrases. One or two times per conversation is enough. Otherwise, the effect of using these words weakens, and you might be seen in the eyes of other students as a weak student who is not sure in themselves.
You have to be extremely careful with humor. Do you want to defuse the situation and make a joke right during the online class? Look at the situation from the outside and consider how appropriate this approach would be. For example, if you are in a meeting just with fellow students or an easy-going teacher, it’s ok to use a joke or two. But what if you are presenting a final project, it might seem very inappropriate.
If your humor got involved, and you’ve failed an important assignment, think about getting some additional help from MasterPapers.
Organization of a Meeting
If you were put in charge of organizing a meeting, it might be quite challenging. Therefore, here are some tips for you.
- Keep a record of topics that should be discussed. If you neglect this point at the meeting, something important may be missed, and the responsibility of not mentioning this topic would be on you.
- Make a short and understandable message following the meeting, remind everyone present about the decisions and the set tasks, and thank everyone for the time.
- Answer only priority questions. This is especially true if many students are involved in the meeting. When everyone asks a question, you might not be able to finish a meeting on time. Therefore, try to answer only the most relevant questions.
- Share the materials. If you refer to any internal documents during the meeting, for example, drawings, layouts, or instructions, prepare and send copies to all participants in the online meeting. And don’t forget to share your screen with the information; it will be easier for people to comprehend it.
- Wait until everyone is online. Greet everyone who has already joined the meeting immediately after going online. But don’t rush to start a discussion; you are not an essay writing service where speed is required. For example, GradeMiners.com Introduces Rush Order Essay-Writing Service so that students would always make it on time with their essays. You, on the other hand, would have to wait for all the participants to appear online.
- Negotiate delays. Failed to discuss all the planned issues? Ask those present if they would like to continue the discussion? If this is not possible, it is definitely not worth pushing and persuading. Each participant of the meeting has the right to leave at a predetermined time.
- Take a break from a long meeting. When meetings last from two hours or more, add several breaks to the schedule. The participants in the meeting are real people; allow them to have a snack, make a call, etc.
To Sum Up
Of course, this list of rules cannot be called complete or exhaustive, but we have listed the main, basic concepts. Keep this collection handy and skim the text with your eyes before an important meeting online, and you will see that the image of the successful student can be easily transferred online too.
Everyone knows that Stan Wright is the man! You’ll find no better expert across the subject matters Stan specializes in. Helping students succeed in college since 2015, Mr. Wright is someone you can trust with writing your essay 110%. “What a fantastic writer and an affable lad!” – says one of Stan’s customers, pretty much summing up his whole professional attitude and a positive, yes-can-do demeanor.