Covid-19 pandemic has changed life for many people. Work from home has emerged as a new trend that has kept people engaged. However, the confinement to the four walls of the house has also affected people’s mental and physical health all over the world. But there is no way you can ignore the signs that your body needs help. Ram Duriseti tries to draw attention to the importance of keeping track of the medication, even in a pandemic situation.
Ram Duriseti suggests some ways to keep track of medicines
If you feel stressed, afraid, anxious, and less hopeful, do not panic as you are not alone. These are some of the common symptoms that many people are facing during the lockdown situation. These feelings may further disturb your medical condition if you ignore your medication. By following the below-mentioned points, you can keep a routine on track despite being stressed and anxious.
- Make a list: Have an updated list of medications from your doctor. Make sure it matches with what you have in your house. You can sort out queries or health issues over the phone. The doctor may guide you adequately on the concerns you have. You need to monitor specific health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. You must periodically report your doctor via phone calls or video calls in case of any discrepancies.
- Mapping it out: If you take several medicines regularly, then use sticky notes and put it in places where it can easily catch your attention. In this case, your pharmacist and your doctor can help you work out a plan and make your routine simpler. Do not panic because of the pandemic, and start ignoring your medicines.
- Use of reminders: The sticky notes are a way to keep track of your medication. Also, pillboxes near you can act as a reminder. Apart from these, setting alarms or timers on your phone can be most effective when it comes to taking medicines. People are using health apps for reminders to take medical drugs regularly. This service is beneficial if your schedule varies daily.
- Stay ahead on refills: With the growing demand for COVID cure medicines; there can be a supply deficit for other medications. It will have a direct impact on the routine you follow. Hence you should refill your medical stock beforehand to avoid missing medicines. You may call your pharmacy and make sure they have it in inventory when you need it. In case there is a shortage, ask your doctor to prescribe a substitute. Read about home fitness in covid period.
- Reach out if you need to: If you are struggling with your medicines, do not hesitate to go out. Isolation may not help in this situation. Reach out to your doctor, family members, and pharmacy when the need arises. With the constant support of others and a proper plan in place, you can manage your medical needs even in such a crisis.
It is essential to note that you cannot afford to ignore your health at any cost more during the pandemic. Make the necessary arrangements to meet the needs of your physical wellbeing. Plan in advance so that you can meet the unforeseen situations with the essential preparations. Getting sick and not getting proper medical care is the worst nightmare during the pandemic.