Here’s what you’re most likely never to have heard. EV cars have been around even before the birth of Elon Musk’s Tesla. And I don’t mean to date it all back to Robert Anderson’s 1832 crude electric car but the more modern all-electric passenger cars of the 2000s Modern mass market.
But wherever you start from, today, EV cars have taken the mainstream. Right? So, if you’re thinking of updating your garage with your first EV, you may want to consider the advantages and disadvantages of owning an electric car as highlighted down below first. Meanwhile, see this reputable, superior Subaru dealership Houston for irresistible deals on Subaru cars in Houston.
Pros Of Electric Cars
- Escape fuel costs; forever. The costs of running a vehicle on fuel is significantly higher compared to cruising in an electric car. This is no brainer. Besides, while you may have to power up your electricity-powered EV in the power station which doesn’t cost much, most electric cars users power their vehicle 78% of the time at home. And there are offices and shopping centers that will even allow you to charge your EV for free.
- Be The Next Hero; with the rising rate of global warming today, the best way to save our dear planet is by taking a collective or individualistic approach to the entire thing. And by using an electric car, you have done your part in bringing down gas emission by a level, whether significant or not.
- The Dynamics; thanks to their stiff chassis combined with low CG (center of gravity), electric vehicles share surprisingly exciting driving dynamics with fun-inducing acceleration. Finally, as most EVs are one-pedal-driven, using regenerative brakes to recharge their batteries to slow them down, you have less pedals to toggle. Easy, fun driving.
- Less Headaches, Less Repairs; if you want to stop spending half your monthly income on car repairs, EVs should be your dream cars. These vehicles hardly go through wear and tear as they are not run by mechanical engines but propelled by batteries. This means that there’s no valves, oil filters, spark plugs, or some certain pumps to be repaired or replaced over and over again.
- More storage solution; earlier, I mentioned that EVs don’t use engines. Which means that what should rather be the space for an engine becomes an additional storage solution. Generally speaking, electric vehicles are more unique with their storage solutions such as large internal storage cubbies and larger front trunks.
But while the advantages are quite compelling, electric cars have their disadvantages too. See below.
Cons Of Electric Cars
- Pricey; Electric cars can be bank-breaking, especially if you’re on a low budget as a shopper. And when it comes to opting for Tesla’s newest lines of EVs, they can be just beyond reach.
- Limited Charging Solutions; the truth is, charging stations for electric cars are very scanty unlike the readily-available gas stations for the non-electricity cars. So, if you are on a long trip with an electric car, you may have a hard time powering up whenever you run out.