Symbiosis International University [SIU], one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the country organizes its annual SNAP 2020 for admission into various MPA and other related programs. SNAP 2020 exam is Computer-based test [CBT], it has been slated for 20th Dec’20/06th Jan’21/09th Jan ’21.
Moreover, the application window is currently open and candidates can fill their forms until November 28th 2020. This article will focus not only to provide you with the best SNAP Preparation Books but also list down some of the most favored SNAP Preparation tips as well.
SNAP 2020: Exam Pattern
The SNAP 2020 Question Paper will comprise of three sections as mentioned below. It will be a completely objective test with a total of 60 questions carrying 60 marks. The total time duration allotted is 60 minutes and the marking scheme entails 1 mark each for correct answer and penalty of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer. Take note that you can take the SNAP test two times only, out of which the best one will be considered.
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning|
[Inequalities, Coding-Decoding, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Scheduling, Clocks, Dates & Calendars, Order & Rankings, Partnership, Blood Relation, Directions, Cause & Effect, Assertion & Reason, Data Sufficiency, Statements & Conclusion, etc.]
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency|
[Ratio & Proportion, Number System, Speed & Distance, Simplification, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Partnerships, Averages, Inequalities, Functions, Linear Equations, Series & Sequences, Simple & Compound Interest, Probability, Graphs & Tables, Geometry, Trigonometry, Quadratic Equations, Permutation & Combination, etc.]
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning and Verbal Ability|
[Reading Comprehension, Direct & Indirect Speech, Para jumbles, Odd Word Out, Sentence Correction, Active & Passive Voice, Cloze Test, Error Detection, Vocabulary, One-Word Substitution, Fill in the Blanks, etc.]
SNAP Preparation Books
Here is a list of the toppers-favoured SNAP Preparation Books that will aid you to ace the SNAP 2020 Question Paper.
|SNAP Preparation Books[General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning and Verbal Ability]||Publisher|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT [Pearson Publications]||Nishit K Sinha|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|SNAP Solved Papers 2004-2018||Career Launcher|
|High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin||S Chand Publications|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT and Other Management Examinations [McGraw Hill Publications]||Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|Book Name [Analytical & Logical Reasoning]||Publisher|
|A New Approach to Reasoning By B S Sijwali and S Sijwali||Arihant Publications|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT and Other Management Examinations [McGraw Hill Publications]||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT [Pearson Publications]||NishitK.Sinha|
|Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations||Pearson Publications|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT [Pearson Publications]||Nishit K Sinha|
|Book Name[Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency]||Publisher|
|Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||NishitK.Sinha|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT and Other Management Examinations [McGraw Hill Publications]||Arun Sharma|
|Dinesh Khattar’s The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by||Pearson Publications|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha [5th edition]||McGraw Hill Education|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative for the CAT and Other Management Examinations [McGraw Hill Publications]||Arun Sharma|
SNAP Preparation Tips
Given below are some SNAP Preparation tips that have been meticulously curated to shape your preparation efforts in the right direction.
- With the latest changes in the SNAP exam paper, the number of questions has been truncated from 110 to 60 and consequently, the time limit has come done to 60 minutes. Moreover, ‘Special Questions’ has been done away with. Our suggestion is to aim for anywhere around 45-48 questions correct which would be enough to fetch you 98+ percentile. The general difficulty level can be said to be close to easy-moderate level with 8-10 complex questions.
- When beginning the SNAP 2020 Question Paper, we suggest that you begin with the Analytical Reasoning section since it requires high concentration levels and freshness. With a substantial number of easy questions as well, doing good on this can give you a strong start and much-needed confidence. However, this is not an iron-clad rule and you can start with any section you feel comfortable with.
- To squeeze as many marks as you can from the Reading Comprehension questions, it is extremely important to identify the basic elements, namely, the Passage’s Main theme, Author’s Idea and arguments, counter-arguments and the conclusion along with other components such as visualization, imagery and factual statements. Further, for long passages, we suggest you read the entire passage first and then attempt the questions. For shorter passages, it may save up time look at the questions and then reference it with the passage’s information. As passages can be borrowed from a variety of fields such as arts, literature, science, medicine, technology, etc., practice on diverse passages.
- In questions on Jumbled sentences & paragraphs and error detection, the logical continuation of a paragraph is disrupted and you need to figure that out. Always seek out the theme of the given statement(s). Look out for conjunctions such as but’, ‘though’, ‘however’, etc. which are typically used for connecting statements. Moreover, deduce the person and number of the sentence.
Also read – 10 Tips You Need to Crack SNAP Exam
- Throughout thethree sections, your time management skills are thoroughly tested. You have 60 minutes to attempt 60 questions which is quite a task. However, you must keep in mind that there is plenty of reading sets, directions and instructions and therefore, you must stick to the 1 question per minute rule. If you don’t arrive at the answer within that limit, skip to the next one and come back to it later. Further, some question may soak up more time than you estimate.
- For formulae and techniques of both ALR and QDDC, try to incorporate creative learning methods such as flow charts, diagrams, quizzes, puzzles and games. You also choose to use methods such as self-explanation, keyword mnemonics, summarization, distributed practice and interleaving practice. Make use of online assessment and feedback sessions as well.
- The Data Interpretation section is quite tricky in that it can be quite demanding as well as time-stretching. Follow the thumb-rule that the longer the set, the more difficult it may seem to be. Therefore, if you see a long DI question, either you can tackle it head-on or come back to it at the end. Needless to say, it may have quite tricky elements.
- One of the integral SNAP Preparation tips is to be calm and composed especially in the QDDC section as it is in the ALR and GE section. It requires long stretches of high concentration levels, right presence of mind and quick decision-making skills.
The SNAP 2020 Question Paper is a comprehensive examination and it requires your utmost. Keep up your confidence and give your best.