Everyone values and cherishes their snapshots, and the blissful experience of traveling down memory lane is inexpressible. However, images stored anywhere are prone to corruption and can leave a jittery experience.
You might think recovering your lost photos is not possible or complicated. However, it is easy and effective.
Today we will tell you the reasons behind such corruption and ways to repair corrupt photos by yourself, with tips to avoid the same.
Why Do Photos Become Corrupt?
Photos are stored in data forms on any device. Corruption of any data means the system is unable to read or write it. Gradually, photos are prone to corruption owing to numerous factors and different types:
- In the process of saving an image, any sudden shocks to the system, like a power outage or system crash, can disrupt the data midway. The final result is the saved image file being non-viewable. If the system is under heavy load due to multiple processes running, it can corrupt photos, especially if they are being saved simultaneously. Such photos appear grainy or faded out.
- The consistent usage of any system or device leads to the accumulation of bad sectors. These occur on magnetic or optical discs and render stored photos or media corrupt. Such bad sectors are unwriteable,rendering the images pixelated and blurry. Sometimes the image may also be missing specific chunks of data. Using photo repair software is the best way to solve the issue. If the photos are stored on an external hard disk, any form of physical damage can also corrupt the stored media.
- Hard drives tend to lose their magnetic orientation with time. Consequently, the bits stored on them are corrupted, resulting in further corruption of any photos on the hard drives. Extreme external conditions such as high humidity or heat can also adversely impact the stored media. Images can appear with color loss or deteriorated quality.
- During read/write operations, there is a chance of silent data corruption. This occurs due to bugs in disk hardware, memory, or different types of drive crashes. The catch here is that all the corruption develops in the background, and the user cannot detect it. It might happen such that you viewed an image on your desktop, and after 5 minutes, when you view the same again, it displays a blank or error dialogue.
- If the transferring process of images is interrupted, the risks of the photos getting corrupted or lost are maximum. This may also damage all contents of the original folder/file. Images may take longer to display or have visible distortions in some areas.
The types and reasons are not exhaustive, and in instances, are mind-boggling.
What to Do If My Photos Become Corrupt
The answer is simple. All you need is a good photo recovery tool. WondershareRepairit, to be precise.
WondershareRepairit software is robust, comprehensive, handy, and can repair photos even to the extent of the respective file being broken. The reason for corruption, the device through which the image had been captured, or the format is no longer a barrier to WondershareRepairit. The focus of this software is not to compromise on the original quality. Thus, after the repair, you receive a top-notch quality photo with complete repair and no room for errors.
It is available for both Windows and Mac OS.
In Windows, it supports 7, 8, and 10; all versions. For macOS, it is compatible with 10.9 and 10.15. It requires minimum disk space of 700 MB and supports various storage devices ranging from a laptop to an SD Card or Camera.
● User-friendly UI
WondershareRepairit facilitates you to repair corrupt photos in three efficient steps. Consequently, it has a smooth and uncluttered UI and is handy for everyone.
The software is not limited in its functionalities. It supports a variety of popular image formats such as JPEG, JPG, CR3, CR2, NEF, NRW, RAF, DNG, ARW, and GPR. The dynamics of the software allows it to repair photos from any device smartly and wholesomely.
● Repair any Corruption
WondershareRepairit is competent in all aspects of photo repair. Grey areas, pixelated photos, color loss, or inaccessible images; can all be easily sorted with the software’s working processes and can repair corrupt photos of any level.
It also sports a unique feature of previewing the repaired results in various resolutions before saving them.
● Advanced Photo Repair
This mode is there to back you up in case the quick repair is not satisfactory. This mode is more sophisticated in terms of processes than the quick mode. It allows you to obtain the desired quality or result, and the Advanced Photo Repair mode is reliable.
● Batch Repair
If you are looking to repair multiple photos simultaneously, then WondershareRepairit is equipped with the same. You can conveniently repair photos in bulk simultaneously, maintaining the same performance and quality.
The software offers a flexible and affordable pricing policy.
The Windows version starts at $19.99/month with a one-month license and is inclusive of all features, timely updates, and support. The annual plan is $29.99/year, and you also have a choice of lifetime access which is offered at $49.99.
For Mac users, the monthly plan is $29.99/month, while the annual is offered at $39.99/year. There is the third plan of lifetime access, worth $59.99.
In the case of monthly and annual plans, you have the autonomy to cancel your plans before the renewal date. In all the trio, you also have access to responsive customer support.
You can download the Windowsor Mac version, to begin with, your photo repair. You may also opt to complete the payment procedure and then download the set-up file after receiving your license.
Once you have installed the software on your system, launch it and follow these steps to effectively and efficiently repair corrupt photos:
Once the UI dialogue appears, click the “Add” button. A browser window would open, which would allow you to access the location of corrupt images and upload them on WondershareRepairit.
After uploading the desired photo(s), the software would display their file size, location, resolution, thumbnails, and other details.
Now, click on the “Repair” button to launch the functions of the software. This is the quick repair mode that launches the standard repairing process. The application will prompt you regarding the result when completed.
To preview the repaired photo, click on the ‘eye’ icon or the image’s thumbnail to open the preview window.
If you are not dissatisfied with the results of the standard process, You always have the option of Advanced Photo Repair, which can be easily launched at a simple click of the respective button.
However, it is mandatory to upload a sample image in this mode. Additionally, the sample photo should have been shot on the same device as the corrupt photo and should be of the same format. Consequently, you can run the advanced photo repair process and also preview it when completed.
Lastly, you can simply click on the “Save” button on the preview panel to export your photo. You can also go back, select multiple pictures, and click on the “Save All” button.
The steps are the same for both Windows and Mac users.
What can I Do to Avoid Corruption?
Now, corrupt photos are no longer a threat with WondershareRepairit. However, you should take preventive measures to avoid corruption of images in the first place. Here are some things that you can do:
- If your system is taking a long time to save or transfer photos, resist the urge to simply terminate the process. Let the system take the required time to complete and begin any other operation thereafter.
- It is better to make a copy of the file and then paste it somewhere else. That way, there is a lesser risk of your original file getting corrupt, even if the transfer process gets interrupted.
- Ensuring a consistent power supply to your system with a surge protector can minimize the risks of corrupted photos.
- Besides a corrupt photo repair tool, the most effective measure is to have multiple backups of them. Keep them in different physical locations, especially in the cloud, where the risks are minimal.
- Try working or editing on copies of the photo and not on the original file. Ensuring that the installed photo viewer is compatible with your system is a bonus and prevents any sudden corruption.
Photos are invaluable for everyone. Keeping them safe and intact can be tricky, but taking the necessary precautions can help you avoid any photo corruption. However, when faced with the inevitable, WondershareRepairit is the solution of the last resort. Utilizing the software’s complex algorithm, you can now repair corrupt photos and corrupt videos This gives you the maximum satisfying result at affordable prices. The timely and valued updates further optimize the software and enable it to support more formats as and when required.
WondershareRepairit is the complete tool for your corrupt photos, helping you to treasure your memories safely.