Owning a huge garden is bliss in itself. It elevates the beauty of your villa and simultaneously adds greenery to your surroundings. With lush green plants and velvety grass, who wouldn’t like to spend most of the time in their garden? However, there need to be some structural additions that can fill up your space, giving it an extra edge and concurrently incorporating functionality to your garden.
Where you can go with options like gazebos and patios, choosing pergola becomes a smart move as it is not common and usual.
Why Choose Pergolas?
If you are looking forward to assimilating an extension that acts as a transition space between the indoors and your landscaping, pergolas are an excellent choice. Besides, they can stand alone in your backyard, not only creating a focal point but also adding functional value to your outdoor space.
Pergolas are more than a decorative structural piece that comes with a purpose. So, let’s look at some of the reasons as to why choose pergolas?
1) Protection from the weather changes- Pergolas can serve to protect you from the rains when they are inserted just outside your main door or near the foundation. Secondly, if the summer heat is too high, the shield of the pergola over your head can block away the direct rays reaching you. Besides, pergolas will not only protect you from the changing weather conditions but also your outdoor furniture from fading away (due to excessive heat and direct UV rays).
2) Preserving your privacy- Pergolas come in a full coverage and partially covered designs so if you are concerned about the privacy in your garden or want to hide a specific side of your house from the prying eyes of the neighbour, go for inserting a pergola.
Designs for Your Outdoor Space:
Pergolas are versatile and come in numerous designs, sizes and types, providing ample options for you to choose the one that perfectly fits your place. Let’s look at some of the styles and designs-
- Covering walkways- If your garage is detached from the main house, you can install a covering walkway connecting your garage via porch to the main house. Covering walkways are a great way of adding a shady place to your garden, giving a little break from the scorching heat of the sun.
- Separate porch room- If you want to create your mini funland or a seating area in your landscaping design, go for assimilating a pergola. You can either cover it from one side or choose to keep it open for enjoying the view.
- Decorating the front porch- Pergolas can be used to boost the visuals of your architectural design if added on the front side of the porch. You can enhance their beauty by hanging climbers or seasonal plants.
- Framing out the entrance and architectural designs- If you feel your home’s entrance seems quite dull and empty or the structural design of your house need some changes, you can choose to frame it out by introducing a pergola that completes the structural design of your home.