Getting overall health is not complete without the wellness of the heart and brain. Whether you are pursuing a common health goal or aiming for high intensity training, avoiding both of them can create a serious issue for you.
Omega 3 fatty acids are there to support heart and brain wellness. These function as a safety net against heart stroke and anxiety. Also supports improved memory, cardiovascular health, and nourishes brain cells.
We have plenty of sources of omega 3 fatty acids around us but we use only few of them due to lack of knowledge. Here we expose some of the most common omega 3 fatty acid sources that you can include in your daily lifestyle.
- Eggs: Omega-3 fatty acids are one of the main nutrients in eggs. It varies from 100 to 500 mg in each egg. So, including it in your daily diet can be helpful for omega 3 nourishment. As it is high in cholesterol so make sure you are taking it in a limited amount. Also, workout is recommended when you are taking such foods on a daily basis.
- Supplements: Always consult with your doctor before jumping on any supplements. Though Truebasics Omega 3 is a great supplement, you need to consult the doctor and know which omega 3 series will suit you the most as the supplement comes in a range of versions. It completely depends on your physical activity, age, and gender.
- Seeds: Pumpkin, chia, flax seeds are some of the most nourished seeds when it comes to omega 3 fatty acids. Pumpkin seeds are full of nutrients, including antioxidants, zinc, phosphorus, omega 3 and clothes. In an ounce of pumpkin seeds, there are 6.5 grams of omega 3. In a tablespoon of chia seeds, we can get 1200 mg omega 3 fatty acids. Same one spoon flax seed consists of 1.8 gram of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Nuts: One of the tasty solutions is that we enjoy munching in our free time without knowing how much health benefits they are giving us. Yes, nuts are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids. Peanuts, walnuts, Hazelnuts, almonds, chestnuts, and others are not only yummy but also a great omega 3 fatty acids provider.
- Fish: These are rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids. Many omega 3 fatty acid capsules are made out of them. Fish like tuna, sardines, salmon, and mackerel are great sources of it. There are some other fish like swordfish, Tilefish, shark, and king mackerel. These are also good sources of omega 3 but consist of high levels of mercury which is not good for health. So, avoid them as much as possible.
Believe or not, heart and mental health affects your performance in almost every exercise. So, keeping them healthy is not only your responsibility but also not less than essential. Nutrients like omega 3 fatty acids must be included in everyone’s diet to support their health. We have aforementioned the different sources of omega 3 fatty acids. You can choose any of them for a day and step up toward a healthy lifestyle.