Most of the people who are into asset management, they are familiar with the name Michael Akkawi. He specializes in the fields of private equity and derivatives, along with general corporate/ commercial law within Canada. Michael Akkawi is a corporate lawyer, and his contribution to the corporate sector is worth mentioning. His core area of focus includes two things- private equity and venture capital.
Michael advises the clients regarding private equity funds and pension funds. Moreover, his policies serve as a guideline for strategic investors and he also deals with all elements of their domestic and cross border transactions, and other investment activities. The activities include majority and minority equity investments, co-investments, restructurings, and leveraged buyouts.
Michael Akkawi and His Goal to Bring Reforms to Corporate Law
Many people are struggling with assets and are unable to resolve their finances. As a result of Michael Akkawi’s conquest to bring positive changes in corporate law, he has always been there to aid his clients in managing finances discreetly. His team provides services to the clients for alternative assets management. They are providing leading-edge research, discipline methods for risk controls, and money management. He has a mission to deliver super liquid investment products in the best possible way tailored according to the client’s demand. It facilitates the clients to diversify their portfolio.
Michael Akkawi and his team’s main focus is to tell the clients that how the sponsors can structure and negotiate their private market funds, under his fund formation practice. Between his conquest today, He helps them to smooth-line their private market funds and remove any flaws in their internal governance. Furthermore, Michael Akkawi also discusses probable economic arrangements. He has also sponsored funds for a range of private market areas such as venture capital, infrastructure, buy-out, and search funds. His work includes a myriad of secondary transactions to buy or sell the LP interests in a portfolio of funds.
Recognitions and Accolades
Michael Akkawi’s contributions to corporate law have been recognized on various platforms, and he has received accolades from his fellow business community and his clients. Here are various accolades that prove how great of an inspiration he is.
- Chambers Canada declared him as the leading lawyer in private equity. (2017-2020)
- Chamber Global announced him as the leading glower in private equity (2018-2020)
- The Association of Best Lawyers in Canada named him the Leading lawyer under two categories – in private funds law (2014-2020) and in the corporate law (2016-2020)
- Best Lawyers in Canada announced him as the Private funds law lawyer of the year (2018)
- Lexpert’s Guide to US/Canada Cross-Border Lawyers in Canada rewarded his services by calling him the Most Frequently Recommended in business issues (2018)
- Lexpert’s Guide to US/Canada Cross-Border Lawyers in Canada announced that Michael Akkawii is the Cross-border practitioner to watch (2009 and 2010)
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory called him as the Leading lawyer in private equity, mergers, and acquisitions (2013-2020)
- Lexpert’s Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 mentioned him as One of Canada’s leading lawyers under 40 (2009)
- Who’s Who Legal also declared Michael Akkawi as Leading Canadian lawyer in private funds (2014-2015, 2019-2020)