Are you a new mom and thinking of getting back in shape fast? Mommy makeover is the perfect procedure to consider. Mommy makeover is a combination of plastic surgery procedures designed to help restore the pre-baby body shape of a woman following the dramatic changes that occur during pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing.
After nursing a baby, there is a tendency for your breast to deflate and sag. You may also experience stretched and loose abdominal skin as well as separated abdominal muscles.
Although you can hit the gym as soon as your physician recommends it after childbirth, there are some damages that exercise cannot repair. For this, you will require plastic surgery and this is what the mommy makeover is all about.
Benefits of Mommy Makeover
The joy and pride that come with giving life to a little creature cannot be explained. However, new moms will experience some side effects of the long nine months journey. The good news is that everything can be corrected. With the right procedure, you can get your shape back or even enhanced within a short time.
Here are some of the benefits of mommy makeover that make it the choice of many new moms.
- It addresses different concerns in a single surgery. This means you do not have to go through a series of plastic surgery and endure different recovery stages. You need only single anesthesia and a one-time recovery process with a mommy makeover.
- It gets you back in shape to your pre-baby body shape, and sometimes, better.
- It can also help address other medical issues, such as diastasis recti, hernias, and urinary incontinence and back pain.
- It can help to remove C-section scars and stretch marks or improve them through a tummy tuck.
- It improves your self-confidence and makes you feel good about your body.
What to Expect in a Mommy Makeover
As mentioned above, mommy makeover combines different procedures within a single surgery session. It is often customized to fit the unique needs of each patient. The surgical procedures that may be expected during a mommy makeover include the following:
- Tummy Tuck: This helps to repair separated muscles and tighten the belly. It is also often paired with diastasis recti repair.
- Liposuction: This helps to remove the excess fat and re-contour the body.
- Breast Augmentation: Mommy makeover also includes breast augmentation. It may involve a breast lift, depending on what the surgeon thinks. Irrespective of the procedure chosen, breast augmentation will help to replace lost fullness or raise saggy breasts.
Although it is less common, some mommy makeover procedures include a Brazilian butt lift to contour and add volume to the butt. Some women also include perineoplasty and vaginoplasty in the procedure. This is to tighten the entrance of the vagina and repair and tighten the vagina floor.
Who Can Go or a Mommy Makeover?
New moms are the ideal candidates for a mommy makeover. So, if you are a new mom, you can give it a shot to restore your pre-baby body shape. However, before you opt for this procedure, it is important that you are or at least close to your ideal body weight. You should also be in good health.
It is not recommended that you schedule a mommy makeover surgery immediately after giving birth. Although this may be tempting, you should wait for at least six months after you have stopped breastfeeding so that you would not undo the surgical results or have to go for the procedure again.
Mommy makeover is great. It helps you get back in shape and remove the excess fat and tissues accumulated during pregnancy and after childbirth. If you think you need a mommy makeover, then you should go for it. It is the perfect makeover to uplift new moms.