After looking up reviews, it seems that the Mahli robotic vacuum is from a trusted and well-established company called Xiaomi.
In China, they call it the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P. It seems as if they find it to be a mostly reliable vacuum cleaner, but it is sometimes buggy and can’t be relied upon 100% all the time.
But this can be said about any other robotic vacuum cleaner, don’t you think? 🤔
Anyway, a user shared their experience with us saying:
“The Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P has been released for the Chinese market, it means you need to choose the Chinese region in the Mi Home app to make it work. However, there is a trick with a custom Mi Home app that allows you to set your own region.
Even though the Mi Robot has strong suction, it shows slightly worse results than other similar devices. I’m not sure if it’s related to the roller brush or some other issue. The water tank is leaking when you slightly shake it. I’ve heard that some users even damaged their devices since the water got inside the robot.
Some users reported bugs in the latest firmware when the roller brush suddenly stopped working or the water tank suddenly stopped supplying water in some circumstances.
The app feels buggy. I hope the firmware and software bugs will be solved soon.”
This shows us that Mahli, the 3-in-1 robot vacuum cleaner, is an excellent product. One of the world’s largest electronics manufacturers makes it. Apps are supported, and the ecosystem supports it. Considering the price, I would say it works okay. Compared to more expensive and advanced systems, the AI does not work as well. Neither cleaning nor disinfection work as well as they should. You can still get the device if you’re budget-conscious.
Mahli Robotic Vacuum: Cons
- This isn’t very smart. An obstacle is anything blocking the camera’s view. A floor length curtain’s pleats are included in this. As a consequence, I cannot vacuum under my curtains unless I tie them up first.
- Moving objects are not permitted on the floor. Sheets of paper, cloth door mats and other objects will cause it to jam. Sheets or rugs with loose fibres/ tassels will cause the front brushes to jam. Even the charging wire got tangled up on the floor and along a wall.
- If you unjam it, sometimes it forgets how much has been cleaned and restarts. It sometimes remembers where it was and continues from there. Consistently inconsistent.
- The device must be unpaired and paired again with the Wifi when you lose power in the house and your Wifi temporarily disconnects. Taking the service offline and then re-entering it isn’t possible. Manuals do not contain information like this!
- Your house map isn’t retained after cleaning. Next day, the same chair will bang into him again, so he will learn to avoid it for 30 minutes.
- When it makes a trip to your house, the program still makes zig-zag sweeps and takes a time-consuming path.