Sober living houses are necessary to bring back the drug addict to a normal life once he has completed the inpatient drug addiction treatment. But when you choose the sober living house for your loved one, it is always important to consider if it needs the standards and has a license to legally own the drug or alcohol addiction sober living place.
You may find it odd that you are checking the license which is not on your checklist while finding a sober living place. It is a common mistake that most of the people look for the facilities and rehab services and often overlook the legitimacy and the proper paperwork issued to these institutes by governing authorities.
Why do sober living houses need a license?
If you are looking for sober living in Dallas for someone, licensure is a must thing to check. It is defined as a license offered by the state authorities to run non-medical services or programs to help the people recovering from drug or alcohol abuse. This is for the following purposes:
- The detoxification upon any substance
- Group Therapies
- Personal therapies
- Educational workshops
- Treatment planning
- Training to bring back the patient to normal life
Rules and regulations sober living houses
As stated above, sober living houses intend to support the drug addicts in the recovery process. Therefore they are based on rules and regulations to keep the residents safe and sound. These houses are managed by the housekeepers, medical staff, psychiatrists, and usually one or two doctors.
They also have onsite managers and other workers to operate the sober living effectively. There are rules and regulations that are slightly different than the rehabilitation centers, and some of these are given below.
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed in the place except the ones prescribed or necessary for the treatment, such as antidepressants.
- All the residents must bear the expenses and do their work.
- All the residents must participate in the activities, meetings, and all the therapies.
- The must complete the rehabilitation program & go through the 12 step recovery program once every week.
- Moreover, all the residents must spend at least five days in sober living houses.
- Residents also provide their whereabouts to get admitted.
- Anyone who violates these rules must face penalties or leave the house immediately.
What to look for while choosing?
The primary focus in these houses is to provide social support to the addicts who have completed their treatment on the way to recovery. They bring sobriety in life to help them maintain meaningful employment, rebuild relationships with your family and friends, continue their school, and become a responsible citizen.
While you are looking for can you sober living home, always look for bus structure (the places located near to your house or the workplace?), Safety (the rules and regulations employed and the penalties residents have to face in case they violate any rule?), Social support (if they hold any social activities, open group therapies, arrange family sessions, & involve the residents?)