The kitchen of your house is the most used space since every meal of the day is cooked and prepared in the kitchen. Besides meal preparation, kitchens serve as an excellent spot for entertaining friends while showing your cooking skills or shifting your work from home sessions on the dining table.
If it is the most popular place in your house, don’t you think it needs to be updated and maintained? Remember, with all the dishwashing and cooking; your kitchen can become damp with moisture and smoke. Moreover, with all the appliances, storage and food, it may look packed. That is why kitchen windows play a significant role in making your kitchen bright and airy, keeping away the dampness and dullness.
What Other Purposes do the Kitchen Windows Serve?
If you want toof your kitchen, choose the one with the following characteristics-
1) Wide enough for proper airflow- The primary purpose of the kitchen is to cook food, and when you cook food, it is bound to create smoke, steam and all sorts of odours. Therefore, your kitchen needs a window that can let the fresh air in and allow the smoke to escape. Remember; do not install a picture window since it cannot be opened.
2) Allow natural light to enter- The second factor to be considered is the natural light. You can introduce natural light by installing a large window that will allow the sunrays to enter. The benefit of allowing natural light is it will not only reduce your utility bills but also kill the germs suspended in air and dry out the humid air responsible for dampness.
3) Made up of durable material- The material you choose creates an impact on the windows. If you go with hardwood, it can easily fall prey to mold because of dampness and can be eaten away by pests. Therefore, select durable and long-lasting material like aluminium and vinyl that remains intact for the years to come.
4) Improved aesthetics- Your windows should not only be functional but also aesthetically pleasing. With various window designs and types, you can choose any that blends with the interiors and exteriors of your house.
What the Window Options to Choose From?
1) Casement windows-are just among popular windows when it comes to kitchens. They look pretty over the sink, allowing both the sides to open so that you can enjoy the outer view. Casement window fulfils every characteristic you have been looking for in your kitchen windows.
2) Garden windows- Garden windows provide an additional space to grow your herbs and plants near the kitchen. Having your own herb garden near the kitchen space can be so beneficial. Besides, plants improve the air and maintain the air quality inside the kitchen. Say thanks to your garden window.
3) Double-hung windows- Double-hung windows can open from top or bottom and makes an excellent choice to let the fresh air in. Besides, if you have kids in your home, it is safer to choose double-hung windows.