Continuous usage of android phones causes cluttering of cache and junk files in the phone memory. These junk files often hinder the phone functioning and cause android lagging, sluggishness, and random crashing of the apps. It also reduces the storage space and stops you from installing useful apps and keeping the necessary files.
Fortunately, with and the latest android techniques, you can get rid of these unwanted junk and hidden files. The latest techniques can help you to clean your android phone and boost its speed and performance within minutes. Here are the top android tips to clean and optimize your android phone. Take a quick look.
Android Tips to Clean Cache and Junk Files
Get rid of the junk files and reclaim more storage space for your smartphone. Follow these simple and easy techniques to eliminate cache data and junk files instantly.
1. Clear Cache Data
Your android device collects cache data of apps and browsing websites to allow smooth and faster user experience. However, the continuous collection causes a lot of caches to pile up in the internal memory. This kind of junk causes lagging and low phone memory.
To clean these hidden cache data and junk files for android apps,
- Go to Settings>> Apps.
- Tap on the app and click on the Storage option.
- Tap on Clear Data to delete cache data.
To clean the system cache data of internal storage,
- Go to Settings>> Storage option.
- Scroll down and search for the Cache Data option.
- Tap on Cache Data to delete the cache data from storage.
1. Use Cache and Junk Cleaner
Cache and Junk cleaner are the best way to clean your android device. The apps like Advanced Phone Cleaner offer one-tap cache and junk cleaner through which you can delete app cache, system cache, residue files, temp files, apk files, empty folders, junk files, thumbnails, etc. It only cleans unnecessary files and doesn’t clean any usable files without user permission.
This powerful app provides a complete cleaning solution to boost your phone speed and free up more storage space. It also restricts the resource-hungry apps from clustering memory and draining phone battery.
With this highly effective phone cleaner app, you don’t only get an advanced cache and junk cleaner but also receive file and app manager, duplicate photo cleaner, game booster, and Anti-malware protection. This easy to use is available for free to download on the Playstore.
1.Uninstall or Disable Pre-installed Apps
Active apps on your phone cover your phone memory. Thus, it is necessary to uninstall the unused apps and disable the pre-installed apps or bloatware that are present in your phone.
To disable the bloatware and unused apps on your phone,
- Go to Settings>> Application manager or Apps.
- A list of apps will open up. Search for the apps that you don’t use.
- Tap on the app and click on Disable or Uninstall.
As most of the bloatware apps cannot be uninstalled, you will find only a disable option to stop them from running in the background.
1. Erase Unused Google Maps Data
Using google maps offline allows you to save your Internet data and get easy access to your navigation route. But a constant download on your phone can occupy a lot of storage space. So, it is advisable to clean the maps that are of no use to you.
To delete the unused google maps from your phone,
- Launch Google maps >> Offline maps
- You will see a list of downloaded offline maps along with their size.
- Tap and delete the unused maps or delete the ones that are occupying more space in your phone memory.
1. Move your File and Photos to Drive
Google Drive offers 15 GB of free storage space to every Gmail user. So, it is better to backup your photos and media files to drive and delete them from the gallery. This will reclaim more storage space for you and will help in optimizing your smartphone.
To move File and folders to Google Drive,
- Open the Google Drive app.
- On the bottom right corner, you will find + button. Tap on it.
- Upload the files and folders that you want to move to Google Drive.
You may also expand the storage space in Google drive by paying nominal monthly charges. For instance, you may expand drive storage to 100 GB for 1.99$ and 200 GB for 2.99$.
1. Manage Music and Podcasts
Most of the time, when users use Google Play Music or other applications, they are automatically selected to the option, download purchased or uploaded music or recent episodes to the phone. This causes a lot of videos or podcasts or music to download in their phone memory. Sometimes, it includes the files that are of no use for the future, as you can access them later using Wi-Fi or mobile data. Thus, you should clear these junk files and reclaim the storage space for other important android functions.
To see the storage space consumed by the music or podcasts of Google Play Music or,
- Go to Play Music >> Settings
- Tap on Downloading >> Manage downloads.
- See the storage space consumed by Google Play Music.
To clear the downloads from Google Play Music,
- Tap on Music Library >> Songs.
- Tap to delete the songs or podcasts or episodes manually.
To prevent auto-download in the Google Play,
- Go to Play Music Settings >> Downloading
- Toggle to disable the Auto-download settings.
So, clean all the hidden junk and let your phone breathe. Restore the storage space to get an optimum performance that you expect from your android phone.