Table of Contents
Human beings possess the ability to learn from their past experiences and use it as a reference while making choices in the future. The idea of machine learning revolves around this ability in machines so that they do not need to be programmed for everything. Machine learning is implemented in a variety of organizations to enhance functioning, productivity, and decision-making process.
What is machine learning?
By definition, machine learning is an application of Artificial Intelligence that provides systems the ability to learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. Image recognition and speech recognition are well-known examples of machine learning, which we are all familiar with. Machine learning is based on algorithms that determine the course of action for the machine instead of using rule-based programming.
Machine learning has taken over a large number of sectors from mobile phones to healthcare making it a well sought-after area. With increasing areas of application, the demand for best machine learning course is expected to increase shortly. The various sectors where machine learning plays a key role are:
- Manufacturing: today there is immense competition among the manufacturing companies about the fastest delivery and highest product quality. Therefore, several companies use machine learning services to find problems and fix them in advance, as part of a strategy called ‘predictive analysis’
- Healthcare: machine learning along with deep learning plays a vital role in detecting tumors in early stages based on medical imaging.
- Retail: the presence of bad quality products uploaded by frauds on applications like Amazon ruins the buyer’s experience of Amazon. Hence, machine learning is used to detect such fraudulent users by detecting any abnormal patterns and images. With the huge amount of people shopping online, it has become easier for the ‘machine to learn’, to collect more data and algorithms that favor a better and safer buying experience.
The average salary of an entry-level machine learning engineer is about 6 lakh per annum, whereas that of mid-level and senior-level machine learning engineer are 10-12 lakh and 18-20lakh per annum respectively. However, a few factors play a vital role in determining the salary of an individual. These are
- Location: in India, the salary of employees working in cities like Bangalore and Chennai is generally higher than those working in other cities.
- Skill: the more knowledge and skills an individual possesses, the greater is the number of responsibilities he or she can endure and hence greater is the salary. Skills like deep learning, python, computer vision, etc. can help increase one’s salary substantially.
- Experience: as mentioned above, the salary of an entry-level machine learning engineer gradually increases with increasing experience.
- Company: the kind of company you work in probably affects your salary the most. Companies like Intel and Tata consultancy services provide higher salaries as compared to other companies.
Machine learning jobs
A wide range of jobs requires machine learning on one or more levels. One can get these jobs after there machine learning training online. These are:
- Computer scientist: as the name indicates, the job of a computer scientist revolves around developing new technologies and computer-based solutions.
- Data analyst: about 2.5 quintillion data is produced per day in the world. The job of a data analyst is to derive productive and meaningful conclusions from the structured and unstructured data received by a company through various sources.
- Algorithm engineer: an algorithm engineer is someone who designs, implements, and evaluates computer/machine learning algorithms.
- Computer vision engineer: computer vision engineers apply the technology of computer vision to look for solutions to various problems.
- Director of Analyst: this involves the supervision of the work of data analyst and that of data warehousing departments.
- Software developer/engineer: software developers design various programs on a computer and develop efficient machine learning algorithms and applications.
- Data engineer: the main work of a data engineer is to design reliable and efficient frameworks for the transmission of data such that it can be used by the data scientist.
- Data scientist: a data scientist strives to detect and implement data-driven solutions complex business problems.
Top companies hiring
Some of the top companies hiring are:
The field of machine learning has received a lot of spotlights recently. It is used in a wide range of jobs in the IT industry, making it extremely important to learn for people looking for a future in this field. With a large amount of data generated, the algorithm used by machines will become more and more refined.