It is experienced and believed that for a sales person getting a positive response or closing a deal is big time difficult task. For that very reason, it is time to know your customer beyond just being a buyer or prospect. To explore the buyer persona, you need to indulge into account intelligence, knowing their tech expertise, examining their buying behaviour and make a satisfactory way to their actual needs. But how do we do it? Well, Technographic data is an answer to it. Technographics let you know the context of your buyers’ activities with thorough understanding of their needs and demands.
What are Technographics?
Technographics are a solid record of buyers’ tech signals. It uncovers your prospects technology stack, then be it front-end or back-end technologies or tech tools used to manage websites and marketing automation. Well, the story doesn’t end here, technographics also provide other valuable insights like prospect’s tech expertise or when a particular technology was bought by the prospect and how long it’s been in use etc. Technographic data finely decodes the prospects buying journey and lets you know if the prospect is actively looking for the solutions you offer.
To make the correct and optimal use of the technographic data, you just need to focus on the overlapping spot where demographics and firmographics intersect technographics. That spot will help you to identify the best selling opportunities. Technographics enable you to leave your conventional marketing and sales approach behind and have a foolproof proactive strategy and outreach while approaching your customers or prospects.
Technographics take a deep dive into the customer profile by focusing on variables such as usage pattern, motivation to use a particular technology or product and attitude towards that technology. Such variables make a huge difference when it comes to B2B market. It provides an empirical technology facts that empowers you to be more strategic, proactive and forefront.
This illustrates a clear customer profile for Sales, Marketing and Business Intelligence by answering three important questions:
- Whom to target?
- What should be the outreach?
- What would be the next step?
5 W’s that technographics answer to understand your customer well:
- Who: An amalgamation of Demographics, Firmographics and Technographics will give a clear idea about your customers. Technographics help you understand the buyer persona and identify the target prospects.
- What: The systems upon which an organization operates and its tech stack are at the utmost importance to build use cases and outshine the competitors’ strategies. Additionally, knowing the tech stack of the prospects helps to identify the potential opportunities and to resolve the existing problems.
- When: As technographics help to understand hardware and software of the prospect, it gives a clear idea of how entrenched the prospect’s technology is. Moreover, it also provides insights on when a prospect may probably be looking for a particular technology that you can pitch for.
- Where: Technographics empowers you to refine your target market and identify where your good matches are. This contributes to superfine your account targeting with precision and scale and increase the likelihood of outreach.
- Why: Technographics don’t just keep pushing you towards your prospects but also make you self introspect about things like why your prospect should seriously look at your solution and choose you over your competition. This self-examination leads you to make unique use cases for your prospects and you end up bettering your solutions and approach.
- How: It is the account intelligence that helps to understand the context of the buyers transactions. Depending on the tech expertise of the prospect, you can think of how you can present your message.
So, convinced with how technographics are going to benefit you? So, don’t just think, go for technographics and make the most of the 360-degree view of your prospects with their buying and selling activities context.