Communication skill is such a skill that helps us in all aspects of life whether it’s personal or professional. It helps us grow into extraordinary people. It helps us develop an amazing personality. In personal life, it helps us to have lovely relations with our close and beloved relations.
In professional life, it helps to interact diplomatically with our colleagues, clients, and customers. Thus it helps in our career growth also. Also, this is very important that we develop very effective communication skills.
Chatting online on social media sites like Facebook Instagram, Omegle and Linkedin can aid people in improving their communication abilities. So now the question arises of how to develop this skill. To develop this skill we have to know certain aspects that are involved in this skill:
- Public speaking
- Body language
- Managing emotions
- Develop a filter
- Improving yourself based on feedback
So Let us now elaborate on each of these points:
- Listening: This is the first and foremost point. We have to first listen very carefully to the speaker in front of us. Now there is a difference between listening and hearing. Listening means we are understanding and acting further as per the words coming to our ears.
While hearing means being inattentive to the speaker. So we have to listen and not hear. This will help us create our opinions and place them when our chance comes. This creates an atmosphere of respect.
- Public Speaking: Speaking only is not the goal. We have to keep many other aspects in mind like voice modulation and tone of speaking. Voice modulation means when to raise a voice and when to speak with a low voice.
The tone of speaking means a way of talking that reflects the behavior. So we have to practice public speaking in front of the mirror so that we can improve these aspects. Moreover one should always be in search of opportunities where that person can speak in front of the public. That will grow confidence and also teaches us many lessons and we can grow more.
- Body language: Communication skills are useless without body language. It adds a bonus point to our speaking skills. Using body language we can connect more to our listeners. Also, it becomes more engaging if we use the right posture and proper body movements, thus our words are able to enter our listener’s mind deeper.
- Managing emotions: This is a very important aspect. For this, a person has to be empathetic. One must be able to understand and act as per the opposite person’s emotions. This helps us to relate the feelings. In this way we can build a rapport between us and hence can lead better relationship building and thus communication will be more effective. For improve this things check Ome tv online chat platform.
- Develop a filter: This is very important because many times some unwanted elements pop up like some distractions. For this, we can use humor because we have to keep the listener’s attention towards us only and to nowhere else. In this, we can build our own speaking reputation. This will thus help build our confidence.
- Improve yourself based on feedback: Yes This is also an amazing way to boost your skill. For example, After the presentation you can ask your friends about your communication way is good or need to improve.