Banners and signage are essential to businesses. Besides playing an integral part in marketing the business, they can also convey important information, such as new product alerts or safety information. Regardless of how you intend to use them, some features are universal to all types of banners. Your 3d signage sydney should feature the following for better chances of success:
Table of Contents
Banners and signage should primarily communicate to your target audience. While images might be a good option, they are oftentimes not as clear as words. Images require some interpretation, making them quite ambiguous.
Unlike images, text makes it easy to achieve pre-set goals. For instance, if you intend to sell a specific product or promote a charity, using words in your ad is easy. You should also use words to communicate crucial information, such as your business name, disclaimers, or terms and conditions.
Consider the following principles when designing text for your signage:
- Size – Use large enough size that can be read from a considerable distance.
- Font – Choose your banner font carefully. Avoid ornamental or thin fonts as they impair readability.
- Amount of text – Use short and simple sentences. People will most likely read and remember signs with few words. Avoid using complicated words that cannot be easily understood.
Regardless of the size, graphics are a crucial signage design element. This is why most signs have some form of graphics, irrespective of their goal. Graphics, especially photographs, are primarily used in banners for emotional appeal. This is useful if you want to persuade your customers or prospects to take specific actions. Photographs also make banners look interesting and more memorable.
Photographs aren’t the only graphics that can be used in signage, and you can get creative with your graphics design in several ways. For instance, you can include symbols as a representation of a process, function, or object. Commonly used symbols include warning or safety signs and directional signs.
Branding is how the business uses designs, names, and symbols to personalize the signage. Your target audience won’t have time to read the entire sign. Use specific parts of your business that are easily identifiable. You can incorporate branding elements to your signage through the following;
- Name – Print your business name somewhere on the signage. It should be very legible.
- Business logo – If your business has an identifiable logo, make sure it appears somewhere on the signage.
- Brand colors– Use your business color palette in the banner.
- Motto – Using a catchy tagline can make your banner memorable.
Your signage should also have a clear call-to-action, good color choice, and other interactive elements. While these elements increase the effectiveness of business signage, you should observe some signage design tips. For instance, your signage should have a focal point, follow the top-to-bottom/left-to-right design and capitalize on white space.
Designing an effective banner with all these elements might prove challenging to some. If you are in this fold, consider working with experts in banners and signage design, such as McNamara Signs.