Healthy lawns and landscapes are achieved by ensuring that the irrigation system is well maintained and fully operational. The right pressurizing and alignment of the system are also necessary and therefore a property owner is required to learn why irrigation maintenance is so important. Maintenance programs help to keep the system at optimum working conditions and may require the involvement of professionals. The program includes.
- Professional start-up, maintenance, and winterization
- Inspection and repair of rotors, hellers, leakages, breakages.
- Turf and landscape watering maintenance
- Minimization of water usage, hence saving money.
The maintenance process takes place in the following outlined steps.
- The start-up process is initiated during spring.
- The water supply should be on.
- The mainline should be primed.
- Each zone should have a verified operation.
- The sprinkler heads should be aligned to ensure the whole area that should be watered is covered.
- Identification of all leakages.
- Ensure all areas where the system head is located are cleared of any growth.
- Examine the controller to ensure it is operational.
- Set the required water amount and running time as per the spring conditions.
- Check the sensors to ensure it is operating efficiently.
- Investigate if any areas need repair.
System Performance Evaluation
These are the maintenance activities done during the mid-season that is mostly hot and dry. During this season, the irrigation system should be at optimal performance and must be finely tuned. The process includes:
- Resetting the controllers.
- Examining the system for any system leaks.
- Clearing the head areas in case of any growth.
- Checking to ensures that the system rotors are perfectly working.
- Leveling heads.
- Protecting the system from freezing damages.
Winterization Maintenance Services
This maintenance service is the main determinant of the durability of the system. This stage of maintenance includes blowing out of various parts before the winter freezing temperatures set in. The rotors, heads, lines, and valves require this service to prevent them from freezing.
Why is Irrigation System Maintenance Required?
Irrigation systems maintenance and repair is essential since it supplies water constantly to the lawns, trees, flowers, and shrubs. Below are some of the reasons why maintenance of irrigation systems is necessary:
- To prevent patches or dry spots leading to dead vegetation. Rejuvenating dead plants requires time and resources.
- To ensure optimum working conditions of the system throughout.
- To avoid overwatering or underwatering of plants.
- To reduce cost for breakages and leakages repair, as well as lower water bills.
Actions that are undertaken when maintaining irrigation systems
- The controller should be loaded with an appropriate new battery and plugged in before calibration.
- The water draining valve should be closed.
- Check all parts of the watering system to ensure there are no damages.
- After the winter period, the system should be cleaned to get rid of any lime and scale in the filters, valves, and nozzles.
- Do a test run to ensure all the system parts are operational.
- At the end of every season, the required maintenance services should be implemented.
Consistent maintenance, proper installation, and repair of irrigation systems are crucial for the property system. Maintenance services ensure healthy plants, manageable water bills, water preservation, and an appealing landscape. Regular and frequent inspection and maintenance help property owners maintain an effective watering system.