The Impact of Amazon Prime service in the UK region has been a huge success, with many people now subscribing to this service. With all the benefits and incentives that come with it, such as free next day delivery and cheaper prices for other products on Amazon, it is no wonder why so many people are signing up.
We have gathered statistical data from different resources, which shows a vast difference in Amazon Prime Stats since the inception of the Amazon Prime service in the UK region.
What Is Amazon Prime And How Much Does It Cost?
Amazon Prime is a paid membership that costs £79 per year or £7.99 per month with 30 days free trial.It’s clearly more economical to get the yearly package for £6.58 per month, which is all you’ll ever pay.
Amazon Prime members enjoy a variety of incentives. However, the greatest benefit is free one- or two-day delivery on most items sold by Amazon. Amazon announced on its 1st Quarter of 2021 earnings call that it has more than 200 million paid Prime members worldwide.
What does Amazon Prime offer?
Amazon Prime contains many sub-brands such as Prime Music, Prime Video, Prime Gaming, Prime Reading, Prime Pantry and many more to facilitate their customers.
Amazon Prime, of course, includes all of Prime Video’s movies and television series also but there’s so much more.Free next-day delivery on millions of eligible items will be the main incentive for customers, with no restriction on minimum purchases.
However, that is not the end of the story – Amazon Prime members also get access to special offers and early access to Amazon’s major lighting deals, including on important sales dates such as Black Friday.
Prime Day is Amazon’s version of Black Friday, a two-day event in July that exclusively features deals for Prime members. The shopping site frequently outdoes Black Friday on the sales front during this period, and it’s known as the “Greatest Shopping Event in America.”
Not only that, but Prime members also get access to Prime Music, which offers over two million ad-free songs and access to a changing selection of eBooks and magazines through Prime Reading. In addition, they have unlimited photo storage with Prime Wardrobe and the ability to try before you buy with Prime Wardrobe.
Amazon Prime Subscribers In The UK:
According to Mintel, approximately 15 million individuals in the UK, or around a quarter of the adult population, are members of Prime, which costs £7.99 per month for unlimited one-day delivery on many items as well as film, TV and music streaming services. 13% of people get access via someone else’s account.
Age Group Of Amazon Prime Members In The UK;
According to a research study , it was found that generally people in the age group of 25-34 are more interested to subscribe to the Amazon Prime Membership.
Amazon Prime Stats in The UK Region:
- Amazon is the most well-known e-commerce platform in the United Kingdom, with Tesco and Argos following.
- The most common online store in the United Kingdom is Amazon, with 86 percent of consumers buying their goods there.
- According to Google statistics, Amazon is the most popular online shop in the United Kingdom. According to data from Google, Amazon customers have increased their purchases by 21% this year. Approximately 70% of people buy on Amazon at least once a month, while 17% do so at least weekly.
- Amazon UK has seen a significant increase in volume and visitors throughout the year, reaching 579.5 million people in November 2020 (60 million more than in October 2020).
Amazon Annual Net Sales In The UK From 2010 To 2020.
- There were over 16,000 new merchants in Amazon UK in 2020 alone, according to Amazon statistics.
- In the first three months of 2020, Amazon Prime subscribers increased by almost 8 million in the United Kingdom.
- In February 2020, there were roughly 216,000 Amazon Alexa downloads to the iPhone and Android devices in the United Kingdom.
- Amazon generated 2.35 billion pounds in revenue for the United Kingdom in 2018, according to its annual report.
- Over 40,000 individuals work for Amazon in the United Kingdom.
- Amazon Prime membership increased once again in Q4 of 2020, with 53.5 percent of British households now taking part, up almost 2 million people since the year began.
Number of Amazon Prime Video Households in the UK from 1st quarter 2014 to 3rd quarter 2020.
- By the end of 2020, there were an estimated 16.7 million British households with at least one SVOD subscription.
- Amazon’s UK operation, which includes the country’s biggest metropolitan areas from London through Manchester to Birmingham, has annual revenue of $17 billion and is the second-largest European market for Amazon. Germany retains its position as the top market with a total revenue of $22 billion in 2019.
- Currently, Amazon has a market share of around 30% in the e-commerce market in the United Kingdom. This number has risen from 28.8 percent in 2018. The United Kingdom is now the third-largest e-commerce market after China and America, with a share of over 30%.
- Amazon’s turnover in the United Kingdom was £2.35 billion in 2018. Amazon UK Services Ltd is in charge of the company’s distribution centers in the UK and has seen its revenue grow each year, with Amazon’s net sales increasing by 43% in Q4 2020 versus 2019 that same quarter.
COVID-19’s Influence on Amazon Use in the UK
Amazon’s UK sales increased by 51% in 2020 to a historic $26.5 billion dollars, as consumers who were kept at home due to the coronavirus epidemic flocked to the internet commerce giant to purchase items that were otherwise unavailable on shut high street shops and to keep them entertained.
Amazon was one of the few significant winners in 2020, as consumers were avoiding physical stores and preferring to use online methods to acquire items. As a consequence of increased demand. Amazon announced that it would expand its workforce by one third in the United Kingdom.
Furthermore, in the fourth quarter of 2020, Amazon added more than 3,000 additional employees to its UK sorting centres, warehouses and delivery stations. Additionally a workforce of 7000 people were also added by the Amazon in Great Britain.
Previously, the firm expected to finish the year with 31.1 billion pounds, which was more than 2 billion pounds above their original prediction as a result of the novel coronavirus pandemic.
In only 25 years, Amazon has become the most valuable brand in the world, providing sellers from every sector with unrivaled possibilities.
Amazon Prime is a paid subscription that online businesses cannot afford to ignore, especially in an industry as competitive as e-commerce. Its product variety is ever-expanding, and it steals market share from physical outlets successfully.