Weed is basically a plant also known as pot, cannabis, and many other names in today’s market. It has been used to deal with medicinal and other recreational purposes for a long time across the globe. People use its stem in the industries for many purposes e.g., hemp fiber. Moreover, you can use the seeds of this plant for household purposes and in food as well e.g., hemp oil, hemp seed, and others.
How Can You Take Weed?
There are multiple ways to take this plant as listed below.
- You can vape it
- It can be smoked with the help of rolled cigarettes
- Water pipes (bong)
- You can add it to your beverages or other food items
- You can make its topicals and tinctures
Different ingesting methods have different effects on your brain and body. Upon inhaling weed, the smoke enters your lungs and quickly reaches your bloodstream. Then, it moves towards the brain and other parts of the body. Similarly, when you drink or eat cheap weed, its compounds first pass through the liver and your digestive system before reaching the bloodstream. It may start producing effects within a few minutes to a few hours.
The research studies are still being carried out to observe the effects of weed on the human body and brain. Many regular users have reported its positive as well as negative effects. The active ingredients in weed are cannabinoids and they are not found anywhere in nature except this plant.
Weed Effects on Mental Health
The fitness of the mind is as important as your physical fitness. Conducting detailed research in this domain, scientists have concluded that weed’s active component has a couple of positive effects on the human brain as listed below.
- Anxiety & Depression Treatment: The relationship issues, hectic routines, and other similar issues are the major source of depression these days. The regular use of weed can help you get rid of this problem gradually.
- Schizophrenia Treatment: In this case, a patient loses the sense of reality, and the problems in this domain include speech problems and hallucinations. Research studies have reported that weed has anti-psychoactive effects on your brain. It improves the nervous system and connects all neurons to transmit messages to your parts of the body.
- Prevention from Seizures: Weed invigorates the electrical activity of the brain to improve its health. It comes with anti-seizure effects and helps you deal with epilepsy. If you are suffering from Dravet syndrome, the regular use of this plant can help you get rid of it as well.
Weed Effects on Your Body
The various weed effects on patients’ bodies are listed below.
- Pain Reliever: This plant acts as a great temporary pain killer and it helps you relieve inflammation in your body.
- AIDS & Cancer Treatment: Weed stimulates your appetite and it has the ability to reduce vomiting and nausea. It is very beneficial for people who are suffering from either AIDS or cancer and it was reported in San Francisco (in 2007) at California Pacific Medical Center.
- Immune System Improvement: THC contents in weed suppress the human immune system and make your body vulnerable to infections. It can also be advantageous if you are the one living in an auto-immune situation.
- Sleep Improvement: Weed keeps you calm and improves the communication between your nerve cells. Your thinking gets clearer and hence you can sleep longer.
According to scientific researches, weed produces a couple of effects on physical as well as mental health. These effects can be either positive or negative. This guide has specifically focused on the positive effects being produced on human health.