Some say that the hardest academic time is the 1st and 2nd years. Others say that those who think that way have not yet begun preparing for the thesis. Gathering information, writing, and designing are not easy tasks. Lots of students prefer to delegate such an important assignment to the best paper writer service Writingapaper in order to have it done professionally. In any case, it is true that before you get down to it, you need to properly compose and write a plan for the thesis. In this article, we will tell you for what purpose and how to make it.
Thesis outline: to write or not to write?
It is worth writing. Why? The plan shows whether the topic is fully disclosed, what problems are touched upon, and the relevance of the research is indicated.
Years of study, of course, bear their fruits. During this time the head of the student accumulates a lot of information layers of different orientations, which are confused with each other and replace each other. And just being able to speak beautifully is not enough to defend your thesis project.
But let’s return to the plan. He is needed first of all in order not to forget the important and omit unnecessary things in the final work. The plan is a kind of schedule, which allows you to maintain a clear sequence of work, structure the information and deliver it in a clear and concise form to the audience.
How to write a plan for the diploma: digging deeper
We advise you to stick to the following algorithm: in the morning – the plan, in the evening – the text of the thesis. This will allow you to understand what data are redundant, and what information must be used in the text. And also a predetermined sequence of actions will save time: after all, when the clear steps are described, you will know exactly what to do.
You will be asked to submit a plan for your thesis for review by your supervisor. And only after their approval, you can start writing the text. They may want to make some corrections and adjustments. Be sure to listen to them, because it will undoubtedly help improve your research.
To write a plan for your thesis, it is important to understand what tasks you want or needs to solve in your work:
- Disclose the topic of the project as fully as possible
- Outline the relevance and feasibility of the research
- To study the literature, select the methodological basis
- Consistently state the thoughts in the text
- List objective conclusions
- Prepare and design graphic objects for the study
- Structure of the thesis plan
There are methodical recommendations that contain standards that are important to follow. According to them, the plan should have the following structure:
- Theoretical chapter
- The practical chapter
- Evidence of relevance and scientific novelty
- List of sources used
This is a general list. Each of the items should be as full as possible to describe and think through the logic of the presentation. The main idea of each section will be reflected in its title.
The most extensive chapters are theoretical and practical. First, it is important to describe the subject of the study, conduct a historical analysis and relate this information to scientific novelty and relevance. The second part – practical – is not taken from textbooks excerpts of the text, it is analyzed conclusions made during the study.
Pay special attention to the section “Attachments”. Teachers in various disciplines require confirmation of your thoughts and reasoning with facts, documents, tables, calculations, drawings, etc.
Mistakes when making a plan: let’s look into it further
It is typical for a student to make mistakes when doing academic work. We propose to figure out which of them arise in the drafting of the plan of the thesis.
- Lack of consistency. It is unlikely that you can purposely omit one or more sections that change the logic of the presentation. This fact will not escape the experienced eye of the teacher, the plan will be sent for revision.
- Irrelevance to the content. The first thing that the teacher examines in detail in the work is the plan. Writing it somehow, without consequences will not work. Think about whether it is worth the risk if there is a chance to disgrace yourself on defense.
- The presence of mistakes. It makes no difference whether they are punctuation, spelling, or speech errors. Be sure to double-check what you’ve written several times. If in doubt, enlist the help of a literate companion or the best writing service, as well as literate savvy friends and girlfriends.
These, as it may seem at first glance, little things can play a cruel joke on the defense of the project and significantly affect the final grade and the impression of the committee. Remember: making a plan – this is a small, but very important step to getting a diploma.