It is easy to be tempted by the beautifully ornamented jewelry items. The main problem is whether or not it will complement well with your style. A gold chain is no exception.
Folks, we hear you. While gold chains are simple in design and could look great on anyone, adding them to your clothes is a hit or miss. It doesn’t pledge to give you a stylish look. Especially for a person who has never worn a gold chain, having it on your body can be uncomfortable and strange. That’s normal, and you’ll get the hang of it eventually. Your overall attire would be greatly improved once worn aptly.
Ready to master the subtle art of becoming a ‘Gold Chain Buddy’? Here are some tips and tricks to pull it off!
Gold Chain Style
Which gold karat or color works for you? Note that gold doesn’t only come in the shade of yellow. Other options include black, white, rose, and green. For men, white and yellow are the most sought-after. While for women, anything works (though yellow is mostly preferred as well).
White gold amplifies the sophistication, and yellow gold tends to build some pop color to the attire. Black gold chains are ideal if you want to achieve an edgier and manlier ambiance. Talking about durability, gold chains with lower karat are considered more robust. Not to mention, less costly. Higher karat means higher gold content and, therefore, costing you more bucks.
Suppose you have allergies, a chain with higher karat suits well – 14k to 18k. They are not expected to react negatively, even when worn all the time.
Gold Chain Thickness
Choose from 1-21mm chain, dependent on the look you want to attain. 1mm to 6mm works for formal occasions, 6mm to 10mm is suitable for formal wear, and 12mm to 21mm helps you create a valiant statement. Here’s a rule of thumb: the width and length must be comparable.
Gold Chain Length
Want a choker style necklace? Select between fourteen and eighteen inches. It generally suits relaxed and formal pieces, such as turtleneck, sweater, and a shirt. 20 to 24 inches is the common length (called mid-length). It can be worn both outside and inside the shirt. The last chain length ranges from 22 to 24 inches. Commonly used for pendants, dog tags, and any other ornaments. But if you want to ensure all pair of eyes are on you, try the 26 to 30 inches gold chains. They create a rocker and punk style.
Make it rather more personal and distinctive
- Layer different gold chains for extra movement and texture. How many chains you should wear and what widths or lengths all depends on your personal preference. Though preferably, two to five is a good range.
- A gold chain also looks great with a jacket or blazer. So, get those items out and try for yourself!
- Big statement chains must be the central point of your attire. They will look good with simple necklines such as scoop necks and V-neck.
- Do not overdo it by wearing a huge chain with dangle bracelets and huge earrings. Small stud earrings might do.
- To stand out and be extra glittering, settle on a chain necklace with rhinestones. Particularly for a plain outfit, it will make your overall look more radiant and trendier.
Gold chains have a long history of adding appeal to a simple, sleek outfit. Not only are they an excellent accessory but are suitable for any budget. Experienced or simply looking for inspiration, let these tips and tricks help you out in creating a bold get-up statement. Don’t forget to mix and match. Let those creativities go wild!