A pool table or billiard table is a bounded space where cue sports are played. You can play different cue sports such as snooker, 9 balls, 8 balls, and more. Whenever you think about buying a pool table for home, office, or anywhere, it’s also necessary to think about the installation. The reason is that most of the time, the installation is not free with the purchase.
It’s also necessary to hire some professional installation services if you have enough budget because free installation services are just typical. However, it’s not as complex a task as you think, and that’s why we are here to help you. If you follow the instructions, you can set up a pool table yourself without any problem. If you want to buy pool tables you must visit the bestpooltablesforsale.com websites now.
If you are struggling with a pool table set up and also don’t invest money, this guide is for you. We have mentioned all the steps to set up the pool table easily without any issues in the following.
Table of Contents
Setting Up A Pool Table – A Step-by-step Guide
We have mentioned all the steps in a short detail that will help you set up a pool table easily without the need for a professional.
Necessary Material For Pool Table Assembly
Before assembly, you must collect all the necessary tools and materials at your work location. Check out the following list of materials for billiard assembly:
- Hammer and nails.
- Measuring tape.
- Utility knife.
- Paint scraper.
- Beeswax or putty.
- Pool table cloth.
- Other table parts.
1. Take A Person’s Help
Although you can assemble and set up all the things on your own, having someone with you will make many tasks easier. Some pool table components are bulky, and it’s better to pick them up with help. No need to put in the extra effort, and it also helps you get the bulkier parts in the right place. Don’t forget that you have to spend 1-2 hours at least for a complete pool table assembly. Look at these guys for more info.
2. Look Over All of The Components
Whenever you purchase a pool table online or from the physical market, don’t forget to check all the components carefully. It’s necessary because you have to waste time again if something is missing or broken. Typically, check these necessary components in the following:
- Pool table frame and box
- Other hardware components
- Pool table legs
- accessories/accessory kit
- Fleet for the table
Note: The components may vary depending on the brand and chosen type of pool table.
3. Read The Procedure Thoroughly
Whether you know how to set up a pool table completely, we always recommend you to read the instructions again properly. Yes, we are talking about reading the procedure before starting work. The reason is that those instructions are given by the professional, manufacturers, and other experts to prevent any accidents or errors.
4. Selecting The Pool Location
It is the first and most important thing to consider. Here are the detailed instructions for it:
- First, select a suitable location in a room.
- You not only need to check the pool table size during location selection but also leave some extra space for players to move around.
- The extra space depends on the size and length of the cues, but 5 feet of space is enough to play comfortably. More space is better if you have enough free space in the room.
- We don’t recommend you place it in tight spaces because you would not be able to enjoy it properly.
5. Unpack The Pool Table Components
Pick up the scissors and start removing the packaging of the pool table components. It’s better to separate the bigger and smaller components such as frames, legs, and other hardware to make a symmetry. Double-check the manual and count all the available components. Track if something is missing before starting work, as it will bother you in the middle of the installation. At the end, keep the components aside from the installation location to work without any hassle.
6. Assemble The Table Frame
Now it’s time to start assembling the table frame.
- Change the side of the table from upside down in your selected location.
- If all the components are not pre-assembled, put together the panels and other frameworks according to the instructions.
- Pick up the screwdriver and screw the legs, legs support, and other frame components.
- In the end, check the table. Remember that it does not wobble or move around.
7. Place The Slates on The Table
- Now it’s time to place the slates on the table. For this, use the leveler to check the legs’ equilibrium. Set the height by adjusting the table from the ground.
- After that, pick up the measuring tape and spot the center of the table. It’s the place where you have to keep the slates on the table.
- Place the both slates by keeping the balance and center point in mind and tighten the screws.
- In the last, again check the level and center points and make changes if needed.
8. Seal The Slates
Take a piece of beeswax and melt it in the gaps between the slates. It will act as a sealer between the slates. Don’t start other tasks immediately, leave it for a few hours before starting again.
9. Apply The Felt
Pool table cloth is an important component and you have to follow the below mentioned procedure to place it properly:
- Clean the surface of the table with a dry cloth.
- Spread the large felt on the pool table and adjust it from all the sides.
- Always start from the center and then on the sides of the table.
- Keep in mind that after placement, it should be taught. Also, be careful while stapling the felt.
- Next, apply the felt on the rails.
- At the end, cut off all the extra felt and staple the corners.
10. Finish The Pool Table
Now all the procedure has been done and it’s time to finish the table set up. In the end, fasten the rails to the sides and staple the pockets underside of the table. Congrats! You have done with the pool table set up.
To set up a pool table is easy if you follow the instructions properly. We have mentioned each single step for table pool installation. We hope you will find it helpful.