YouTube is the second most-visited website in the world right now. It has 2 billion active users worldwide. It is the best platform for performing artists and businesses to promote their work and brands. But with the growing competition on the platform, it’s necessary to avail professional promotion to reach the target audience. Hence, now you can promote YouTube video to get the maximum amount of views in a very short time. Here’s how you can promote your YouTube videos online without spending a fortune.
Use Google-friendly keywords
SEO is the key to drive online traffic in your direction. Most YouTube channels start with search engine optimization in their marketing campaign. YouTube is the second-biggest search engine in the world after Google. And many people use Google to find their desired YouTube videos. As YouTube is owned by Google right now, the search engine gives priority to YouTube videos over other content. So adding Google-friendly keywords will help your videos rank higher in the search results.
- Use the auto-complete feature on Google and YouTube to find out what the audience is searching for the most right now.
- Craft an effective keyword around those words.
- Learn from your competitors; see what keywords they are using.
- Embed those keywords in your video title, tags, and descriptions.
Craft a killer title
The title of a video makes the first impression on the viewers. It has to be punchy and compelling to attract the audience. The most effective tips to write a strong title are:
- Make sure the title is short and compact. No one has the time to read long titles. Keep it under 60 characters for best results.
- Add keywords in your title to make your videos appear higher in the search results.
- Don’t include false information in the title. Click bait titles might work for once; your channel will lose credibility in the long run.
Use custom thumbnails
Humans are visual beings and this is why thumbnails make a big difference in a video’s online visibility. A fate of a video is decided in the first few seconds. So you have to impress the audience with a killer visual. YouTube offers an automatic thumbnail for every video. But it does not always convey the true spirit of the video. To boost your views, you need to create an attention-grabbing thumbnail to drive them to click.
- Make sure the resolution is 1280 x 720 px.
- Keep the format JPG, .GIF, .BMP, or .PNG.
- Add catchy and colorful text to attract more views.
Do social promotion
Social media is the best place to promote your YouTube videos. Social media has a massive amount of traffic that can be used to amplify the online exposure of your YouTube videos.
- Post regularly on your social media and provide direct links to your video.
- Enable the share option so that your followers can spread your work to a broader group of the target audience.
- Interact with your audience to know what they want from you next.