Source : Art Gallery Miami Le Cadeaux
Why is the sky such a popular motif in drawings? It comes in thousands of shades, clouds take on millions of shapes, and they can be very easy to draw. We recommend taking acrylic paints for this – different colors mix well, allowing you to create shades from pale blue to bright pink sunset. In addition, you can paint with acrylic on any surface, which will allow you not only to create a picture on canvas, but also to depict a memorable moment on a T-shirt or bag.
How to paint clouds acrylic step by step
Where do you start? First of all, with your intention to paint the sky. Perhaps you are just watching a unique sunset with a play of shades, or you are waiting for a storm and watching the battle of heavy dark clouds. Whatever you decide to portray – let’s start.
- Prepare all the necessary materials. Necessarily – a canvas for drawing, paints, brushes, preferably a palette for mixing colors. If you find inspiration, you will not want to leave in order to find an additional brush or buy a pencil.
- Decide on the plot of your drawing. Will it be the night sky or the moment of dawn. If you don’t know how to draw clouds at sunset, this is not a reason to abandon such a plot. You will definitely succeed.
- Draw with a pencil the outlines of your future drawing, the main lines of color separation. Don’t be afraid if you don’t succeed the first time – erase and paint again. When you see the image of the planned drawing on the canvas, you can pick up the palette. Why a palette? Very rarely, the color of the sky or clouds can be reproduced with pure colors, you will need to mix paints to achieve the desired shade.
- How to paint the sky and clouds with paints – take a larger brush for the main tone and small brushes for shades and shapes. Mix colors and apply them to the canvas from darkest to lightest. Contour the largest shapes in darker tones. Try to show the reflection of the sun’s rays with light strokes.
- Do not try to perfect your drawing from the first attempt. Allow yourself to leave the drawing slightly unfinished. After it dries, it will be possible to slightly correct it.
How to paint clouds sunset or just dark-blue sky
It is difficult to draw the sky and clouds, but it is simultaneously and simple, because this drawing can be limited only by your imagination. Pick up a brush and imagine the color of the sky that you remember the most. Do not be afraid to mix the most unexpected colors, because the color of the sky and clouds can also be unpredictable. Try to create a bright moment in contrasting colors – lightning, the sun, the moon, or a few stars that will accentuate the main tone.
Drawing is a great way to relax and distract yourself. Draw, achieve mastery, let your favorite color of the sky always be in front of your eyes.