It is now possible to monitor and track cow’s behavior and identify their problems on time, thanks to technology. Biotelemetry is a branch of science that studies and researches different devices that can be used to monitor animals. Biotelemetry technology is improving day by day thus introducing new techniques and devices to monitor cows and other livestock. You can now easily check a cow’s behavior including standing time, lying time, step count, etc. Any change in the usual behavior of the cow will alert you and you can check any change in health.
Accurate information about the health of the cows is essential to success in dairy farming. The better you know how your animals feel, the better equipped you are to take the right action at the right time. Therefore, devices provide real-time information are invaluable. There are devices likewhich are very helpful in tracking cow’s behavior and health.
Why you need a cow monitoring device
You need to monitor cow’s behavior to keep track of any health issues and to manage your animals. Modern dairy farms have thousands of cows. It is a time-consuming, inefficient, and tough task to take care of all your cows at a time, monitor them, and keep a track of their activities manually. So, the monitoring devices for cow behavior will help you to manage your animals easily. Accurate rumination and eating patterns are used as indications of each cow’s health. You can quickly get health alerts when cows stray from their patterns. The alerts detail the changes and possible causes.
You need a cow monitoring device because:
- It will help you to monitor all your animals at a time
- You can keep track of your cow’s behavior
- You can keep track of your cow’s health
- Estimate cow and clave behavior
- You can take action for cow’s health on time
- You can improve your business
How these devices work
The cow monitoring devices such asIceTag work with high accuracy and capture highly detailed information. You can easily learn their system. These devices work in these simple steps:
- Tie or attach the monitoring device with the rear leg of the cow.
- Install the system and software on your desktop, tablet, etc.
- Sensors will monitor behavior such as standing, lying, step count.
- The device will keep tracking saving the data.
- It will capture the data and will be easy for you to study.
- You can view the captured data on your dashboard.
- By viewing this data, you will be notified of the cow’s latest activity.
The cow monitoring devices like IceTag, mostly have a simple way of processing and monitoring. Icetag is one of the popular devices which are used for cow management and monitoring. It provides very high granularity data collection. IceTagsensors have the following benefits:
- Mobility monitoring
- Lying time
- Fertility management
- Lying bouts
- Step count
- Motion index
By monitoring cows’ condition with precision makes it easy to give them the attention they need. Using this kind of technology will save you time and expenses. You can take better care of your herd by gaining insights. Therefore they will improve your herd’s general health and increase milk production.