A new way of eating breakfast is taking the United States by storm. It is about coffee with butter or, as its creator, Dave Asprey has baptized, ” Bulletproof coffee ” whose literal translation would be “bulletproof coffee”. It is a new nutritional concept based on the premises of the Paleo diet where only fresh and natural products can be consumed, without the intervention of man and of which Asprey is a faithful follower.
This Silicon Valley businessman went to meditate in Tibet in 2004 and it was from there that he got this miraculous breakfast that Tibetans ate every morning to start the day full of energy and vitality. In this article we are going to tell you how to make coffee with butter and, in addition, we will tell you the benefits attributed to it and hw, in theory, it can help you lose weight.
Steps to follow:
- To be able to make coffee with butter,the first thing you should know is that it does not serve any type of butter that we can find in the supermarket, but that the one we buy must be organic or, at least, that it comes from grass-fed animals; In addition, the coffee must be black and free of toxins, so it is also recommended that it be organic. Another essential ingredient in this miraculous drink is coconut oil or any other medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil.
With these three ingredients, we are ready to start preparing Bulletproof coffee, a much creamier drink than usual coffee that requires the use of high-quality ingredients and, all of them, of organic origin because, only in this way, you make sure that you are eating food free of toxins and chemical compounds.
- To prepare your coffee with butteryou will have to gather the following list of ingredients that you can easily find in organic stores or that sell organic products. In the usual stores or supermarkets, it will be more difficult for you to get this type of essential ingredient for the preparation of this drink. You will need to:
- Organic butter: above all, it should not contain salt, nor should it be included in “light” or “0% fat” products, much less margarine. We are looking for a free grazing animal product that provides us with the nutrients we are looking for.
- Organic grain coffee: it is essential that it be organic to be able to take advantage of its nutrients and make sure that it does not contain undesirable toxins for our body.
- Organic coconut oil: this third ingredient gives us a large amount of energy and is what will help us lose saturated fat, as we will discuss in section 5 of this article.
- Now we are going to start preparing this recipe. To do this, we will have to prepare 1 cup of coffeewith boiling filtered water and add 2 and a half tablespoons of the organic coffee bean that we have bought. When the coffee is ready, pour it into a container suitable for a blender and, here, we must add 1 large tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil.
The next step is to blend all the ingredients for about 20 to 30 seconds until you notice that a creamier texture appears, like when a little foam appears on top of the coffee. When it is like this, you just have to serve it in a cup and enjoy your succulent breakfast. If, even so, you would like to sweeten the flavour more, the use of stevia is only recommended.
- Now you know how to make coffee with butter,but for you to understand the basis of this food trend, below we are going to detail the benefits that Dave Asprey has attributed to this type of breakfast and, thus, you will understand why it has become so in vogue.
The caffeine in coffee gives you mental agility and if, in addition, we combine it with the benefits of coconut oil, we get a drink that stimulates brain processes, making it easier to concentrate for longer. However, this data is not scientifically proven, at the moment, it is only based on the experience of Asprey himself and the first followers of this drink.
Rich in healthy fats
Among the good foods for the body are the healthy fats that we find in foods such as olive oil, avocado, nuts, and so on. This drink, as it contains butter and coconut oil, is also rich in these types of fats that help prevent neurodegenerative and heart diseases and, in addition, provide us with a large amount of perfect energy to start the day.
This type of coffee, as it contains a high content of fat, slows down the absorption of caffeine in our body, allowing energy to be released for a long time throughout the day. In addition, when mixed with the fat in coconut oil, ketones are produced, a type of substance that the human body creates when fat is transformed into energy and not carbohydrates.
Another benefit of coffee with butter is that, as it contains such a large caloric intake (a cup is 456 calories, approximately), you do not need to eat anything else for breakfast or fill your stomach with more food until lunchtime arrives, so you will get start the day satisfied and full of vitality.
You may explore the best automatic espresso machine which helps you in drinking the best taste that you might not get anywhere.