How to maintain good health and healthy eyesight?
Our eyes demand to be healthy, fit, and strong. Due to various reasons, people suffer from poor eyesight and many eye diseases. There are various reasons for which people suffer from these diseases. After the age of 40 people suffer from myopia, a disease where people start noticing problems with their nearsighted vision. Then the requirement of reading glasses comes. It is not always possible for people to buy glasses at a high price and thus cheap reading glasses with and without prescriptions are provided by some companies.
Know if you are at risk for eye diseases
Getting older leads to a high chance of eye diseases. Age is an important factor in the development of various diseases. Though not always age leads to different health issues, there are other factors too. They are-
- If you are overweight or obese, it leads to various health issues including vision problems.
- If there is any history of eye diseases in the family because it is sometimes hereditary.
- Conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes may also lead to poor eyesight and eye-related problems. For example, people who have diabetes have the risk of developing diabetic retinopathy where a person can have vision loss or blindness.
- If a person is worried and stressed then he must consult a doctor immediately as there is a risk of developing eye diseases.
Taking proper health care
Taking proper care of our health is mandatory. It is important to choose correctly and take good care of your health. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with proper eating and workout habits, it is possible to reduce the risk of developing diseases even if one suffers from diabetes and high blood pressure. Following the mentioned tips will help maintain a healthy lifestyle-
- Healthy eating habits- It is necessary to eat healthy food for a healthy lifestyle. It is to be sure that one must have leafy vegetables like spinach, collards, and kale in their diets. Other foods like fishes which contain omega 3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for the eyes. One should also include zinc, lutein and zeaxanthin, and different vitamins, proteins in their diets for proper eyesight.
- Daily Workout- It is very important to be physically active. Daily workouts and physical activities help you to be fit and reduce the risk of eye diseases. It also reduces the risk of high blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol.
- Quit Smoking- Smoking is very injurious to our health. It is not only bad for our lungs and heart but also bad for our eyes. Smoking can cause damage to the optic nerve and increases the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
How can you protect your eyes?
We can take simple and small steps to start with protecting the eyes. Let us check out the ways –
- Wear sunglasses- Sunglasses help to protect our eyes from the harmful rays of the sun. The UVA and UVB rays of the sun cause damage to our eyes. If one wants to style and fashion wearing sunglasses, he can try out circle glasses for a new look and also protect the eyes at the same time.
- Eye rest- People are spending more time in front of the screens. This is causing eye strain, headaches, and other problems. Thus to avoid all these, take a break of 15 minutes to 20 minutes in between your work and look out of the screen. You can just go for a walk and this will also help prevent back pains.
- Maintaining cleanliness- It is always necessary to maintain cleanliness and hygiene. While coming back home, always wash your hands before touching anything, especially the eyes. Do not touch your eyes with dirty hands.
- Wear eyewear- It is very important to wear proper eyewear as they help the eyes to stay protected with its various coatings. People who have prescription glasses should always wear eyeglasses for their safety. If one needs glasses in an emergency, they can order prescription glasses online and get fast delivery.
- Use safety wear- People are often involved in sports and get injured. Eyes are very sensitive and easily get injured. Sports like hockey, cricket, football, racquetball, and others can harm our eyes easily. We must wear safety eyewear so that the risk of eye injury is reduced.
- Blink more often- People often suffer from dry eyes. It is a condition where the eyes face trouble producing tears or water droplets. Thus it is necessary to blink more often so that there are more tears and water produced in the eyes. One should also try to keep himself from glare from window lights. Using anti-glare screens and spectacles can help get rid of these problems.
These are some of the ways to protect our eyes and keep them healthy and fit.