A press release is used by organizations and businesses to impart the news and information that they want to share with their consumer base through the media. Press releases are written in a precise journalistic manner that turns the stories of your company into newsworthy items that are relevant to not just your target audience but the followers of the media outlets as well. Issuing a release is extremely cheap especially if you acquire press the services of a reputed free press release site that offers top quality PR distribution options for your story. Let’s discuss the steps of issuing a successful press release that will fetch you effective results:
Step 1: Find the perfect media outlet
Not every major media outlet is ideal for your product or business. You must target the news outlets that are frequently visited by your niche audience. Like if your brand sells beauty products your PR will be in vain if it gets published in a top sports magazine. So first, you need to research which media specializes and covers your specific industry and make a note of these media houses and journalists before you choose. Find their email address and contact details so that you can send your PR to them.
Step 2: Write a killer press release
Writing a press release can be quite easy if you know and follow all the guidance that ensures the quality of the content.
- First, give your story an eye-catching headline that will give the reader an idea of what your content is all about.
- Moving on to the body of the content it must not exceed five paragraphs. The days of lengthy press releases are long gone.
- The opening paragraph should include all the important facts and important information about the story. This helps to keep the reader hooked on the content.
- The following paragraph Should include the less important information.
- You should always include a separate paragraph Consisting of relevant quotes from the prominent figures in your organization. This increases the credibility of your brand.
- In the end you need to end a well-crafted boilerplate copy that features your detailed contact information and direct links to your social media accounts.
Step 3: Sending the press release
After you have written the PR and decided upon which publications to send your story to, you have to have a killer pitch so that your story gets selected definitely. Send your PR to the key journalists and bloggers in your niche industry through emails. Do not start the pitch right away with your story. First, let them know that you are familiar with their writing niche and style. Tell them how your PR will be a perfect fit for their readers. Doing your homework before your pitch will impress the journalists, which is extremely important in building a good reputation with them.
Step 4: Hire professional distribution services
Most companies do not possess the time to research which media outlets are appropriate for them. They also cannot spend all their time sending emails to every single media house that can give them exposure. There are both free and paid press release distribution services available online. But always keep in mind that free PR services come with certain limitations. Paid services provide a much better and more accurate PR distribution getting you vast media attention as well as online visibility through excellent SEO. They also offer professional PR writing services as well. Their services are highly affordable, costing as low as only $21.