As an entrepreneur starting out with a salon business, finding the right equipment is very important. The right equipment will help demonstrate your seriousness to your customers, allow you to deliver a high quality of service and enrich your customer’s experience. In this article, we will discuss how you can find the right equipment for your salon business, regardless of your salon business’ size, type and your budget. Indeed, there’s a lot of good quality used equipment that you can get for your salon business.
The first thing to get out of the way is the budget. There is no universal number you need to hit. The cost of equipment depends upon a few things. Obviously, used equipment will be cheaper than new equipment. Then, the kind of equipment you are looking to get will affect the price. For instance, salon chairs are typically very expensive, ranging between $150 and $270 on Amazon.com for a good quality salon chair. On other specialised platforms, the price is as high as $700 to $800, though the offering is broader than Amazon. On the other hand, if you’re opening a nail salon, on the other hand, a manicure chair will typically cost around $80. On specialised platforms, this will range from $300 to $400. To determine how many salon chairs you need, you should figure out what space you will be using and the optimum number of chairs that you can fit into that space, taking into consideration social distancing norms.
Where To Buy Equipment
If you want to get new equipment, here are a few places to look.
- Salon Equipment USA provides barbering equipment and more broadly, salon furniture and equipment. It;s the best place you can get color centers, hair dryers, seating, shampoo stations, styling stations and other such equipment. They offer a variety of the same kinds of items so if you really want to get granular with your options, this is where you should go.
- Minerva Beauty operates a physical store in Georgia, and an online store. The company specialises in wholesale furniture, so is very cost effective without reducing quality standards. They offer mani and pedi products, and solutions for salons, and barbers. They have many different options of the same item, giving you a lot of choice.
- AB Salon Equipment operates a store in Florida as well as an online store. The company offers customized as well as new salon furniture and equipment for salons, spas and barbers.
- Amazon is an obvious option. They donp;t have the specialised options of the other stores, but they do offer basic solutions. Amazon obviously is great if you want speed of delivery and are not too fussy. Amazon are great for used equipment as well.
Now if you want used equipment, this is what I recommend.
- eBay is the best place to go for used equipment. It is by far the leader in the field. They offer a huge range in terms of both prices and products, but, because the products are used, you will have to really do your homework to get equipment in good condition.
Another investment you should consider is doing a Botox course so you can offer an even greater range of services and differentiate yourself from the competition.