Woollen rugs are not only aesthetically appealing but also much more durable as compared to other materials. You can literally use them for years if they are regularly cleaned and well-maintained. Here are some cleaning and repairing tips for woollen rugs-
- Shaking and beating- If your woollen rug has accumulated dirt or dust, then beating it with a rug beater or shaking it can help you in eradicating the dirt. You can also use a broom for this cleaning method. This method is much effective for loosening and cleaning dirt.
- Vacuum clean- You can use a vacuum cleaner on the rug surface for cleaning dirt particles which are accumulated amidst the fibres.
- Use an effective wool rug cleaning solution- If your woollen rug is heavily soiled, then you can use an effective detergent and mix it with cool water. However, make sure that you do not soak the carpet for long as it might get vulnerable to mould and mildew growth.
- Scrub the rug surface- You can rub the surface of your rug with a sponge dipped in detergent or soap. After cleaning, you can rinse the surface lightly to eliminate the accumulated dirt from your woollen rug.
- Wash- If you have used soap or detergent for wool rug cleaning, then it is important to clean the detergent thoroughly from your rug. For this, dip the sponge in clean water and remove the soap from your rug fibres.
- Blotting of moisture- If your rug gets stained due to a beverage or urine, then you can use a cotton cloth for blotting the moisture and removing the stain.
- Sundry- Hanging a rug in sunlight for some time can also help you to eradicate the mites and moisture from the rug. This helps you to negate the possibility of mould or mildew build-up in the woollen rugs. Maintaining a Wool Rug
- Clean any solid stains immediately without rubbing them.
- You can use a spoon or spatula for cleaning the solid substances from the rug.
- Blot away any liquid solutions from the rugs. You can use a cotton cloth for blotting these stains.
- You can use a dab of wool cleaner for removing the residual dirt from the surface of your rug.
- In case of damage, you can consider calling professionals for wool rug repair services. They can use several professional methods for patching the damage to your woollen rugs and maintaining the look of your rug.
Regular cleaning and proper maintenance can be helpful in keeping your woollen rugs intact for several years. You can also hire professional rug cleaning and wool rug repair services to fix and restore any type of damage. Trusting professionals not only helps you to achieve accuracy in cleaning but also gives you peace of mind. The professionals clean your woollen rugs with innovative tools and efficient cleaning solutions. They also follow the manufacturer’s guide and use methods which can keep your woollen rug intact.