Summer can be tough on sensitive skin. The heat and humidity can cause problems, from breakouts to premature ageing. But don’t despair; there are plenty of natural products that can help keep your skin looking its best all summer long. But before purchasing natural products, it is important to understand what sensitive skin is and how to identify it. Plus, you need to know which natural ingredients are effective for sensitive skin.
This article will give all the information you require to choose the best natural products for delicate skin this summer.
Table of Contents
What is sensitive skin, and how to identify one?
Sensitive skin is a type of skin that easily gets irritated. It can feel dry, tight, and itchy, and it may be more prone to breakouts and other problems. If you have delicate skin, you may find that certain products or ingredients cause irritation or other reactions. Multiple things can help you identify whether you have sensitive skin: –
– You tend to react to new products, cosmetics, etc., ingredients
– Your skin feels dry, tight, or itchy after using products
– You have red, sensitive, or inflamed skin
– You notice that you are more delicate to the sun, wind, cold, or other environmental factors
If you think you may have sensitive skin, it’s important to be gentle with your body and use products designed for delicate ones. Look for products that are labelled ” hypoallergenic ” or ” for sensitive ones.” Avoid products that contain fragrances, dyes, or other harsh ingredients.
Ingredients You Should Look For While Choosing Natural Skincare Products
There is a growing demand for safer alternatives to synthetic ingredients; this has led to the influx of the brands such as Naturma, SEPHORA, Juice Beauty, Ursa Major, etc., that produce organic skincare products. Not everyone can afford these expensive products; using the offers from Saver.com; you can get your hands on the top quality products at a fraction of the price. Most of the top quality products use plant-based ingredients, which makes them safe for sensitive skin. Here are some of the ingredients you should look for while choosing organic skin care products:
- Chamomile: It is an authentic anti-inflammatory agent that can help soothe sensitive skin. It’s also a genuine antioxidant, so it can help your body protect from absolute damage.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is a natural healer that can help calm delicate skin. It’s also found that aloe vera can treat acne and scars and various blemishes.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a natural emollient that can help moisturize sensitive skin. It’s also a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can help reduce the effect of redness and irritation.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a natural cleanser that can help remove impurities from the delicate body without stripping away its pure oils. It’s also an excellent source of Avenanthramides, which are genuine antioxidants that can help your body protect from free total damage.
- Honey: Honey is a natural humectant that can help keep sensitive skin hydrated. It also contains antibacterial qualities that can help remove blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
- Shea Butter: It is a natural emollient that can help moisturize the delicate body. It can also reduce the effect of scars and stretch marks.
- Rosehip Oil: Rosehip oil is a pure emollient that can help moisturize the delicate body. It’s also rich in beta-carotene, which is an authentic antioxidant that can help your body protect from total damage.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is a natural astringent that can help tone delicate skin. It’s also rich in vitamins that can nourish and strengthen your skin.
- Green Tea: Green tea is a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can help soothe sensitive skin. It’s also full of antioxidant qualities that can help prevent your body from sudden damage.
- Witch Hazel: This is a natural astringent that can help tone delicate skin. It’s also a natural antiseptic that can help clear blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
Things You Should Consider While Purchasing Natural Skincare Products
You should consider various important points while buying natural products for sensitive skin. Below are some key considerations:
- Patch test
- Don’t go with the hype
- Ingredient concentration
One of the most delicate skin concerns is finding products not tested on animals. When you are looking for natural products, make sure they are cruelty-free. As these cruelty-free products are not tested on animals, they are gentle and thus suitable for sensitive skin.
2. Patch test
When buying natural products, it is advisable to do a quality test before using them. This is because sometimes some people can get allergies from using various ingredients used in these products. By doing a patch test, you can be sure that the product you are using is safe for you to use.
If you have delicate skin, then you should look for pure and gluten-free products. Gluten is a protein that can trigger an immune response in some people, and thus it is not good for sensitive skin.
4. Don’t go with the hype
Just because a pure product is popular, it doesn’t mean that it will be good for your delicate skin. So, don’t go with the hype and instead, read the label carefully to see if the product is suitable for your sensitive type.
5. Ingredient concentration
When buying pure products, always check the ingredient concentration. This is because some sensitive types can be sensitive to high concentrations of certain ingredients. So, ensure that the product you are buying has a low concentration of ingredients that you are sensitive to.
Another sensitive skin concern is finding fragrance-free products. This is because fragrances can trigger allergies in some people. So, if you have delicate skin, then make sure to look for pure, fragrance-free products.
If you have sensitive skin, then you should consider using pure products. These products are gentle and thus suitable for delicate skin. With this guide, we have shared some important things that you should consider while buying natural products for delicate skin. Apart from the above-mentioned points, always do a quality test before using any new product, and read the label carefully to see if the product is suitable for your sensitive type.