Pick any Lacrosse player Mikey Powell to Gary Gait to Matt Danowski, what is the common thing they have! It is more number of practice hours they give to themselves, to this game. This game is all about dedication, according to research it is proven that more time given to practice this game works magic on the field for the players. Give ten thousand hours to this game and you will reach the height of an expert. You pick any game like baseball, chess, even composers, any artist they give their dedicated hours so that they become experts in their field.
And the best way to improve your skills is to , get a hold on the stick and practice throwing of the ball.
Lacrosse has become the most famous game in the USA as it helps in improving motor skills and balancing skills. And to improve these skills Lacrosse Rebounder is the best tool as you can judge the accuracy of the ball and training done through this makes you an expert.
You can never depend on a second person if you actually want to be an expert player in this field, instead, buy a lacrosse rebounder and start practicing until you achieve the aim to be a lacrosse star.
Table of Contents
Merits of using a Lacrosse Rebounder:
- The first merit is you can train yourself at home, you do not need a proper field to practice this game, use your garage or a big hall to practice it. An added advantage of practicing at home is you get some refreshments in between of your choice, what could be better than this.
- You can spend a lot of time on learning basics as there is no one to judge you around, or to demoralize you. There will be more concentration on the game.
- Having a rebounder can let you practice any time and even for short intervals. Now a days people are busy in their own schedules and don’t get time to practice, so buy a rebounder and practice for short intervals.
- There are certain drills you can perform to know how useful a rebounder can be to practice. You can practice using dominant and non dominant sides by throwing and catching. Check how much far are you from the rebounder and challenge yourself to throw the ball and achieve the target. then you can change the side, throw on the dominant side and catch on the non dominant side. Keep tracks on your foot work and the positions while practicing.
- You might have to place the rebounder at a higher angle and . Throw the ball to the lacrosse rebounder and let it run past and then catch the ball, this might be a challenge but gradually you will improve your skills to throw the ball and catch it.
- Test your racket control skill and the reaction speed skill, keep your stick on the higher position and then let the ball rebound to the ball off a segment to the lacrosse rebounder. Judge yourself as how many shots you can place to the same rebounder section as you walk a further away.
- Throwing, catching and shooting are again the skills required to be a good lacrosse player. It same like drill practice, the difference is you have to shoot at the different target once you catch it. This technique will help you in fast passing to the team mates and shoot rapidly.
Some of things to be considered while choosing a lacrosse rebounder:
- Size of the yard- If you have a small yard then a small rebounder would work or the dampened rebounder is the good one. There might be a requirement of a adjustable tension in the rebounder, so that if you throw the ball hard then it bounces back without harming neighbor’s window.
- Moving of the lacrosse rebounder- generally the Rebounders frame are made of aluminium or anodized steel , but they can corrode in a bad weather, so it is always good to have a movable rebounder so that you can protect it from weather.
- Quality of the rebounder- rebounders frame are of different quality, some are made of aluminium and some are made of plastic. If you want to use rebounder for a longer run then go for aluminium one or thicker steel one and with powder coating so that it can protect from the bad weather.
- Every Lacrosse rebounder has their own importance and do their job well, and you can buy the rebounder according to the skills, as each one has got good reviews.
You should buy the rebounder according to the budget, it is not advised to buy the costliest ones, go with your skills instead of standards. The cheaper one can also improve your skills.