The telecom plans are made up of various components such as talk time, SMS, and data. These components are present in all prepaid and postpaid plans in different proportions so that the customers can choose a plan that matches their usage. The customers have to be conscious about how much of talk time as well as data balance are they left with. Checking the data balance has become increasingly important since premium telecom providers such as Airtel include unlimited Local and STD calls with many of their prepaid and postpaid plans. The data, on the other hand, is not unlimited in many plans, and even in unlimited data plans, there is an FUP attached so the speed drops after a certain amount of data have been consumed. There are various ways by which you can check your data balance on your Airtel prepaid and postpaid connection. Here are some of the quick ways to check your Airtel data balance.
- Using USSD Code: You can run a USSD code on your mobile to quickly check your data balance on the go. This method is very useful for people who do not use a smartphone and instead use a feature phone. Here are the steps to follow for checking your balance.
- Open your phone dialler, the app where you usually dial a phone number to call it
- Dial ‘*121#’ and press the call icon
- The selection menu will open up and you have to press ‘OK’ to continue
- Enter the number ‘5’ and tap the ‘Send’ button to proceed with the balance inquiry
- Enter the number ‘1’ and tap the ‘Send’
- You can also enter ‘2’ to check the daily data
- You can come to this menu directly by dialling ‘*121*51#’
- Using the Airtel Thanks App: The Airtel Thanks App is very useful to the Airtel customers who want to be up to date regarding their Airtel account. They can use the Airtel App as a hub to access all of their Airtel accounts including Prepaid, Postpaid, DTH, and Broadband accounts. They can also manage each of these accounts by clicking on that particular account such as changing their prepaid/postpaid plans, or DTH packs. To check their data balance using the Airtel App the customers can follow these steps:
- Install the Airtel Thanks App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Open the Airtel Thanks App and log in using your 10 digits mobile number
- You will receive an OTP that you would have to feed into the respective field
- The Airtel Thanks App dashboard will display your account and your talk time and data balance
- The validity of your plan will also be displayed on the dashboard
Apart from these, the Airtel Thanks App can also help you recharge your account in just a few steps. All you need to do is click on the recharge now button on your dashboard. The list of plans will be displayed from which you can choose any plan you want.