Project Management Professional certification is a globally renowned qualification that can help you start a career in the field of management. This certification can also provide opportunities that will help you advance in your career and be a successful project manager. For IT professionals, the move from an IT-based job to an IT project manager can be quite lucrative. Therefore, this PMP training online can provide you with all the resources you would need to study for and clear the PMP training and examination.
A PMP certification can benefit IT professionals, in different ways. It will help you by opening various roles that require both IT knowledge as well as proper project management training. The training and certification will ensure your growth within the company you are working in. Along with this, you will also have the option to shift your career focus from strictly IT-based jobs to roles that require IT skills but are primarily based on project management. As a Project Management Professional who has an IT background, you will be given roles that require you to oversee projects and use your as well as your team’s skill sets to ensure proper implementation and reporting of the project that you are leading. Moreover, as a certified PMP professional, you will also be expected to design, organize, execute, and complete projects within the set deadlines and budget.
Table of Contents
Who is the PMP certification for?
A PMP certification can be acquired by anyone who wants to make a career in the field of project management. It is great for anyone who wants to switch their career trajectory and pursue a new field. Along with this, the certified course will be used for professionals who are already involved in some parts of the project management process and would like to take up more involved roles in the same. A PMP certification will be highly beneficial for professionals who are in the following roles:
- Project Managers
- Project Sponsors
- IT Project Managers
- Associate Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Team Members seeking PMP or CAPM
- Product Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Team Leaders
- Project Leaders
- Project Analysts
- Senior Project Managers
What is the role of a PMP certified professional?
A PMP certified professional will be involved in various stages of project management that are essential to make a project a success in all terms. Project Managers and leaders are often involved in the process right from the conception of the project and are expected to ensure that things run smoothly throughout the active phase of a project. The success of a project depends upon the quality of the work done, the time taken to do the work, and the satisfaction of the clients who ordered the project. Therefore, Project Management professionals have a lot of responsibility when it comes to managing projects. On a general level, PMP certified professionals will be expected to design, organize, execute, and complete projects within the stipulated time and allocated budget. Along with this, they will also be required to choose the right resources for the project they are working on to ensure that the work that is produced is of good quality. PMP certified professionals will have to manage these resources effectively and enforce professional responsibility. Once the project has started, Project Managers and PMP certified professionals will be required to find and analyze various constraints and assumptions about the project, ensure that the project is on track by checking the progress through performance trackers and predict and avoid potential risks that can hamper the success of the project in any way.
What are the benefits of having a PMP certification for IT professionals?
Getting a PMP certification can be useful to advance your career. Most IT professionals who get a PMP certification have seen significant growth in their career trajectory. As an individual, you will find that being PMP certified can help you get better opportunities. In this way, you can also benefit the company that you are working for. Therefore, getting a PMP certification will benefit you, as an individual as well as your organization. Here are some of the top benefits of having a PMP certification for IT professionals:
- PMP certification will help in boosting and advancing your career in the right direction. You will be eligible to get job opportunities in some of the best companies all over the world. As a PMP certified professional, you can get some of the best roles that are available in multinational companies. In this way, you will be able to make a good career and have a good professional life. As a PMP certified professional with an IT background, you will be able to grab opportunities that are specific to your skillset.
- Getting a PMP certification can enhance your career prospects exponentially as it will add to your expanding skills set. Before you sit for the certification examination, you will undergo a rigorous 35 hours training that will help you clear the examination as well as teach you all about project management. This PMP training online will help you throughout your career in different aspects of your role as a Project Management Professional.
- Getting a PMP certification can also help in improving your salary prospects. As you move up in your organization or move to a different company, you expect a significant increase in your pay due to the PMP certification. Project Management Institute (PMI) conducted a survey that revealed that individuals can expect a 23% increase in their salary when compared to individuals who do not have PMP certification. Your salary would depend upon your educational qualifications, previous experience, and other factors such as location and industry. However, PMP certified individuals have an edge over non-certified individuals in several ways.
- A PMP certification can also help you change your job profile and industry as project management is required in every organization and every industry. The field of project management is versatile and you can make a shift according to your interests. Once you get qualified by clearing the exam, you can change career domains if you want.