That modern science plays a critical role in safeguarding our lives is no brainer at all. And modern science has adopted the use of x-ray scanning in the early detection of faults in automotive parts, not forgetting its wide use in the medical field.
To resolve quality issues, and as soon as possible, an x-ray machine is used in a process called Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). This way, the product under the scan is not destroyed but faults are identified and corrected before it reaches the market.
And that is not all. This machine also captures photographic images on fluorescent screens or films of the item under inspection. This can also include PCB X-ray inspection or even BGA X-ray inspection.
But the critical question on anyone’s mind is:
What Is an X-Ray Machine?
Typically, an x-ray machine could be termed as any machine that uses x-rays. The x-rays are usually produced by an element known as the X-ray generator while the X-ray detector measures the distribution of these rays and their other properties. These machines have found immense use in different industries such as welding, medicine, security, auto-parts and electronics, to name but a few.
While x-rays and light rays may seem similar, the energy level of the x-rays is way much higher than that of the normal light rays. To produce such high energy electromagnetic rays, a special device known as an x-ray machine is used.
How Important Is the Role of X-Ray Machines in Industry?
Begun in 2002, UNIX-ray has positioned itself as a major player in the distribution of X-ray machines and their accessories. Additionally, UNIX-ray is deeply involved in the research of high-precision X-ray technologies as well as the manufacture of x-ray intelligent inspection equipment.
With this experience, the x-ray machines produced are not only ergonomic but also easy to use, reliable, affordable, and durable.
The importance of these x-ray machines can’t be understated. While accuracy and record-keeping of faults have been fronted as the major reasons for using these machines, we still have a long list of these benefits.
Read on to learn more.
Frankly, X-ray machines bring on board a hoard of other important advantages that other inspection methods lack.
Having said that, here are some of these advantages.
- X-ray inspection machines create detailed images of the internal structure of the item under observation.
- When x-ray inspection is used, the technician doesn’t destroy the pipe or any other object to analyze its welding quality
- X-ray inspection machines offer a flexible technique which can be used on any material and perfect for pipe x-ray
- X-ray machines can generate a video or image and this forms a permanent proof of inspection and quality
- These machines can determine in real-time the internal wall-thickness loss caused by internal corrosion
- Digital X-Ray machines are famed for their ability to produce accurate and reliable results
- Digital x-ray machines also offer the fastest means of inspection as compared to other inspection methods
- X-ray machines reduce the cost of quality inspection due to their highly automated nature
- X-Ray machines offer the Non-Destructive Testing which can analyze the density variations for structural evaluations
How Much Does an X-Ray Machine Cost?
Whether in the medical or electronic or security field, modern X-ray devices have become indispensable tools for diagnostic and inspection imaging.
But have you ever wondered how much it would cost you to buy an x-ray machine than hiring one? For starters, digital x-ray machines are more costly compared to their analogue counterparts. X-ray inspection systems manufacturers have made it possible for you to acquire these devices based on your needs. There are those fit for entry-level usages and those that are highly advanced and these have different price tags.
Additionally, different brands have different prices. Designed with the safety of both the technologist and patient or item being scanned in mind, these machines have different price tags. Interestingly, China brand costs in the range of $60,000 – 100,000 making them the most affordable X-ray machines. On the other hand, Germany brand costs between $150,000 – 250,000 while the US brand costs $100,000-200,000.
Buying an X-ray machine for your inspection or diagnostic functions is a desire most people in this industry have. While there are many options on the market, focus should be on a machine that’s easy-to-use, affordable, secure, reliable and durable.
With UNIX-ray’s help, you can get the X-ray machine that best fits your needs while saving you on costs. Chinese brands are the most affordable while the Germany brands are the most expensive and the US brands have the average costs.