Students these days have a passion to work while studying and these days profession doesn’t need any particular degree, it just needs zeal and passion which is in ample amount in students these days. Students are getting in the habit of working while studying and they don’t need anybody else’s money or any kind of financial assistance for that. Online learning has made it more comfortable for them as their studies are no hurdles in their way of earning as it is very flexible. So, students can perform their jobs in daylight for 6-9 hours and after that they can attend their online education via online lectures or recorded lectures. These days online education has made students so efficient that they can search their own study materials themselves and can prepare their notes themselves. Such as if they want to know the meaning of Institute ERP , they themselves will type ERP full form in their education app and will find the details of it. School managements have also included few things to assist the online learning like ERP software. ERP software helps the students to conduct their studies online properly without any issue. In the same way, students are conducting their studies online, now they are searching for online jobs and performing there also efficiently.
Transcription is one of the most popular jobs for the students these days, as it requires less effort and gives much more money than expected. Transcription is a simple profession with few requirements and plenty of benefits. In this profession one has to listen to the audio or video very carefully and pen it down with correct words and grammar. It is the most beneficial profession for students because it can be done from home by setting your own working hours that too in a flexible way and with a good earning. Through this career one can settle many other careers like when a student gets into it, he or she enhances grammar skills and typing accuracy too which are required in some other professions also. So, lets understand the requirements of this profession and how can students become successful transcriptionists:
- The very first need of this profession is attentive listening skill. One will have to listen to the audio very carefully and should have that much attentive listening skill that he or she can understand each and every word of the speaker so that clear and correct transcription can be done.
- One needs to have fast typing speed like 30-45 words per minute. Well, it seems a little tough job but one doesn’t have to worry because when one starts to work for transcription then the speed of typing starts to increase gradually. Fast typing speed makes this job very easy or the students and he or she gets paid accordingly.
- Knowledge of punctuation is very necessary here in this profession. Just fast typing speed is not enough content in this profession because here one has only one source to get the material to type and that is listening so one has to rely only on his grammar skills to type correct material otherwise just in lack of correct punctuation the meaning of the whole paragraph can change.
- One will have to be patient enough to listen very carefully. Sometimes one has to listen to the same mistake again and again or one will not be able to understand some words spoken in the video or audio and even after searching from various sources transcriptionists cannot understand the word because it is the fault of pronunciation of the orator. So, it takes patience to find the correct thing there and do the correct transcription.
- One will have to be professionally responsible for the task taken. That means one will have to complete the task in the given time interval and that too with complete accuracy and complete transcription done according to the requirement of the client. This only will make credibility for you in the market of transcription.
- One will have to have critical thinking while performing transcription. It is so because while performing this job one will never have accurate audio and somewhere he or she will have to use his or her sense of humour to fix the sentences.
- Lastly, very good knowledge of grammar, spelling and vocabulary is needed to perform this job.