Human hair is a centre of attraction and when people look at your face they intentionally or subconsciously look at your hair. It’s no wonder why people like hair with plenty of volume, shine, and movement. With hair becoming more and more popular, if you think you have started losing more hair than you normally do then this article was written specially for you. In today’s guide, you’ll learn DIY Hair Loss treatment using natural items you can find at home. Continue reading to learn more.
Here’s a fun fact, the average adult has about 100,000 to 150,000 Hair strands and every day that goes by he/she loses up to 100 strands. Therefore, whenever you brush your hair and find a few strands of hair on your brush, you shouldn’t panic because it’s totally normal.
Hence, hair loss is perfectly normal, however, if you start losing hair so much that you start noticing clumps of hair falling out, bald spots, or patchiness then it’s something you should worry about and at that point, you should consider seeing a primary care physician or dermatologist.
What causes hair loss?
You may not be able to properly cure hair loss if you don’t know the root cause of the problem. That’s why it’s important you know the reason for your hair loss. The best way to go about determining the cause of your hair loss is by talking to your doctor.
However, if you start experiencing abnormal hair loss, it’s probably due to any of the following reasons:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Thyroid issues
- Birth control pills
- Hairstyling products
- Hormonal imbalance
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Medical condition
Home remedies to cure hair loss
1. Onion juice
Onion juice is regarded as one of the oldest and most effective methods to cure hair loss. The reason why onion juice is so effective is that it contains sulphur which helps in hair regrowth and also boosts collagen production in the tissues while its antibacterial properties help in the fight against scalp infections.
- Cut a few slices of onion and squeeze it to remove the juice—you can get the juice out by grating or mashing it.
- Dip a cotton ball into the extracted juice and apply it to your scalp.
- Allow the liquid to stay on your scalp for 20 to 30 minutes before washing it off using a mild shampoo and water.
Carry out this procedure once every week and take note of the changes.
2. Coconut milk
It’s no longer a secret that coconut milk contains essential vitamins and nutrients, due to that reason, it’s become one of the most effective home remedies to cure hair loss. The essential fats and protein in the milk help in preventing hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Grate a medium-sized coconut and simmer it in a frying pan for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, strain it and allow it to cool.
- Once it’s cool, add a tablespoon of crushed fenugreek and black pepper seeds to the milk extract.
- Apply the milk to your hair and scalp.
- Allow it to stay on your hair and scalp for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off using a shampoo.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is another old home remedy that’s effective in curing hair loss and boosting hair growth. Aloe vera can also unblock hair follicles that have been blocked by excess oil and reduce dandruff.
Aloe vera is also effective in reducing scalp related problems like flaking and itching.
- Extract the pulp from the stalk of Aloe Vera.
- Apply the extracted pulp on your scalp and hair and leave it for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, rinse your hair and scalp using water.
For better results, repeat the process 4 to 5 times a week.