Soap making is an art that many people like to do it by themselves. Making your soap on your own is a different feel because you can choose the scent, colors, shapes as you like.
Table of Contents
Time For Making The Soap
The making of soap takes at least an hour, but the cooling and molding process can take 27 to 30 days. If you want to make it to gift someone, you should keep that timeline in mind. There is some information about the formation of scented soap that we have cumulated below.
The cold process of soapmaking is simple and basic. You can make any shape you want with the help of molds. The molds are available with variating shapes and can create your soap according to your requirement or preference.
You can’t only experiment with the soap but can also make the soap look adorable with some flower petals, dried herbs and can add fragrance according to your likes. You can add small and tiny toys for kids as well. With a few products, you can create your bar soap.
Lye As Sodium Hydroxide
Let’s create the soap, but the first thing you should know is to know about lye because it’s crucial for soap development. Lye is also called sodium hydroxide. During the formation of soap, you should know about the reactions between fat products and lye. Also, you must keep yourself covered and protected. Firstly, cover yourself with gloves and goggles so that the reactions can’t damage the skin. While the formation of soap incur, make sure to move your face aside.
The scent, shape, and color of the soap matter but the box of the soap also attracts people. You can hire companies to create your custom soap boxes. And also, you can create it by yourself.
The ingredients you may want while the formation of soap are regular products but lye may take a while to find. The ingredients are written below:
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Palm oil
- Essential oil
- The first step is to cover the area where you’re making soap, then measure the lye and water.
- Now, combine the coconut oil and palm oil, and put them into the pot for heating. Make sure the oil you are using for this must be solid.
- When the oil is melting, pour the water into the bowl and slowly add lye into it and stir it for at least five minutes so that the mixture can be mixed properly.
- Then, add the liquid oil mixture. Measure the olive oil and add this into the mixture. The temperature should be 110 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When both mixtures reach 110 to 120 degrees, pour the lye mixture with the oil mixture and blend it for five minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of essential oil or you can also your flowers and dried herbs.
- After the formation of the mixture, put the mixture into the mold carefully and cover it with plastic wrap and then put the towel on it to keep the heat inside.
- After all the steps, leave the mold set for at least 24 hours. When you check the soap, it’ll feel hard and opaque if it is not left for more hours to cool down. After that time, the soap will be able for usage.