A car is a necessity these days but everyone cannot afford buying a new car because it requires huge investment. But that doesn’t mean one cannot own a car, buying a used car is always a good option in such cases because you get to buy your desirable car that too in your own budget.
No doubt there are certain factors to be kept in mind while buying a used car like – car condition, car usage time period, all the necessary documents, insurance papers, etc because though you are opting for a used car but you obviously do not want to end up spending unnecessarily.
Below given are five things to consider while buying a used car :
Inspect the car thoroughly :
- The first and foremost step is to inspect the car thoroughly. Make sure all the inside functions are working properly. Take a close look at the seats, the doors, the windows and ensure that they are not damaged in any way.
- Inspecting the car is very important because you definitely do not want to regret later on when you find the tires are damaged, windows have cracks or seats are torn.
- Therefore, it is recommended to thoroughly check the ins and outs of your car and make sure they are in a good position.
Test drive beforehand :
- Taking a test drive before actually purchasing the used car is extremely important because through the test drive you will get to know whether the car is functioning properly or not and which areas of the car are defaulty.
- Suppose if you indulge in impulsive buying and you ignore taking a test drive then there are chances that you might discover these defaults later on and then you may not be able to do anything about it.
- Thus, it is better to take a test drive beforehand and properly inspect the car before purchasing it.
Check necessary documents :
- Make sure to check for necessary documents before purchasing the car. Also, do register all the associated documents in your name before buying the used car.
- Talk to the seller of the car and ask him about all the documents which are associated with the car and make sure to take possession of all of them.
Condition of the car :
- Another important thing to consider before buying the used car is its condition. Regardless of being a used car make sure it is in good working condition and is value for money.
- Get all the major elements such as engine, transmission, wheels, etc. checked by a trustworthy mechanic. This will help you determine whether the car is maintained properly as the seller says it is.
Written agreement :
- Never ever finalize a deal on the basis of an oral agreement. Consider getting a written contract signed by both the parties where each and every detail is mentioned.
- Be certain of completing all the formalities before taking possession of the car because these legal documents can prove to be very useful if any dispute arises in the future.